White Mountains (WTM) Adds 0.5M Shares to Stock Buyback Authorization
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
White Mountains Insurance Group, Ltd. (NYSE: WTM) announced that its Board of Directors authorised the Company to repurchase up to an additional 500,000 common shares, from time to time, subject to market conditions. This authorisation is in addition to the roughly 375,000 shares remaining under the Company's existing share repurchase authorization.
Shares may be purchased in the open market, through privately negotiated transactions, one or more tender offers or otherwise. The timing and actual number of shares repurchased will depend on a variety of factors, including stock price, alternative opportunities and other market conditions. The repurchase authorisation does not obligate White Mountains to acquire any specific number of shares.
The Company intends to fund any repurchases with available cash.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- SoTHERLY Hotels (SOHO) Approves $10M Stock Buyback Plan
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions 12/2: (VASC)/(TFX) (TWTR) (III) (BSX)/(NVCN)
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesStock Buybacks
Related EntitiesDividend, Stock Buyback, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!