Standard Motor (SMP) Boosts Buyback by $5M
- Market Wrap: Initial Claims Show Modest Gain; GE Bring on Q1 Beat; Wal-mart Gets into Money-Transfer Game
- Streetinsider.com After-Hours Movers 04/17: (AMD) (SCSS) Higher; (ACTG) (AVGO) (ATHN) Lower
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD) Tops Q1 EPS by 2c; Sees Q2 Revs +/- 3% Q/Q
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q1 EPS by 1c
- athenahealth, Inc. (ATHN) Misses Q1 EPS by 5c
Standard Motor Products, Inc. (NYSE: SMP), an automotive replacement parts manufacturer and distributor, today announced that its Board of Directors has authorized the purchase of up to an additional $5 million of its common stock under a stock repurchase program. This increase is in addition to the completed $5 million repurchase program authorized by the Board on August 25, 2011. Stock will be purchased from time to time, in the open market or through private transactions, as market conditions warrant. The Company intends to fund the stock repurchase program through its revolving credit facility. The stock repurchase program may be suspended or discontinued at any time. Any repurchased shares will be held as treasury stock and will be available for general corporate purposes, including funding existing equity compensation plans.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Strata Minerals Inc. Announces Board and Management Changes and the Granting of Stock Options
- PPG Industries, Inc. (PPG) Announces $2B Stock Repurchase Plan
- Whirlpool Corp. (WHR) Announces New $500M Share Repurchase Plan
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesStock Buybacks
Related EntitiesStock Buyback
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!