People's United Financial (PBCT) Announces Buyback of 33.6 Million Shares
- Market Wrap: Broadcom, Avago in M&A Speculation; Kors' 'Unfashionable' Q4, Outlook; McDonald's to Trim-Back Data
- Broadcom (BRCM) in Advanced Talks with Avago Tech (AVGO) - DJ
- After-Hours Stock Movers 05/27: (RALY) (PLKI) Higher; (NBS) (TLYS) (OCN) Lower (more...)
- CA Technologies (CA) to Acquire Rally Software (RALY) in ~$480M Deal
- Palo Alto Networks (PANW) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c; Announces Acquisition of CirroSecure
People's United Financial, Inc. (NASDAQ: PBCT) today announced that its Board of Directors approved a new share repurchase authorization. Earlier this quarter, the Company completed its previous share repurchase authorization, announced in October 2011, by purchasing 18 million shares (at a weighted average price of $12.08 per share) since that time. Under the new authorization, up to 10 percent of the Company's common shares outstanding, or 33.6 million shares, can be repurchased, either directly or through agents, in the open market at prices, times and terms satisfactory to management. The pending share repurchase activity will be financed using cash on hand and the proceeds from one or more debt financings. The timing of share repurchases and debt financings will be subject to market conditions.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MB Financial (MBFI) Raises Quarterly Dividend 21.4% to $0.17; Approves $50M Common Stock Buyback
- Chico's FAS, Inc. Reports First Quarter Adjusted Earnings Per Share of $0.28
- Semtech Announces First Quarter of Fiscal Year 2016 Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesStock Buybacks
Related EntitiesStock Buyback
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!