People's United Financial (PBCT) Announces Buyback of 33.6 Million Shares
- Top 10 News for 8/24 - 8/28: Markets Volatile on Continued China Worries; Revised Q2 GDP Outpaces; Facebook Hits User Activity Milestone
- Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Discloses ~$4.5B Stake in Phillips 66 (PSX)
- Wall Street ends flat in quiet end to dramatic week
- Carl Icahn files 13D on Freeport-McMoran (FCX)
- Autodesk (ADSK) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c; Issues Light Q3 Outlook
People's United Financial, Inc. (NASDAQ: PBCT) today announced that its Board of Directors approved a new share repurchase authorization. Earlier this quarter, the Company completed its previous share repurchase authorization, announced in October 2011, by purchasing 18 million shares (at a weighted average price of $12.08 per share) since that time. Under the new authorization, up to 10 percent of the Company's common shares outstanding, or 33.6 million shares, can be repurchased, either directly or through agents, in the open market at prices, times and terms satisfactory to management. The pending share repurchase activity will be financed using cash on hand and the proceeds from one or more debt financings. The timing of share repurchases and debt financings will be subject to market conditions.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- ADP (ADP) Plans $2B Debt Securities Offering; 25M Common Stock Buyback Approved Upon Completion
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Approves $2.5M Common Stock Buyback Program
- UBS Sees Large-Scale Buyback from Monster Beverage (MNST) Amid New Cash Hoard
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesStock Buybacks
Related EntitiesStock Buyback
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!