People's United Financial (PBCT) Announces Buyback of 33.6 Million Shares
- Dollar General (DG) Boosts Offer for Family Dollar (FDO) to $80/Share
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 9/2: (XRSC) (DGLY) (ISNS) Higher; (EXEL) (CONN) (RSH) Lower
- Apple (AAPL) Issues Media Advisory Related to Celebrity Photo Theft
- Thoma Bravo to Acquire Compuware (CPWR) in $2.5B Deal
- Home Depot (HD) Hit on Reports of Massive Credit Card Breach
People's United Financial, Inc. (NASDAQ: PBCT) today announced that its Board of Directors approved a new share repurchase authorization. Earlier this quarter, the Company completed its previous share repurchase authorization, announced in October 2011, by purchasing 18 million shares (at a weighted average price of $12.08 per share) since that time. Under the new authorization, up to 10 percent of the Company's common shares outstanding, or 33.6 million shares, can be repurchased, either directly or through agents, in the open market at prices, times and terms satisfactory to management. The pending share repurchase activity will be financed using cash on hand and the proceeds from one or more debt financings. The timing of share repurchases and debt financings will be subject to market conditions.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Harte-Hanks (HHS) Plans $20M Buyback
- United Technologies (UTX) Affirms FY14 EPS Outlook; Adds $100M to Buyback Plan
- Ebix, Inc. (EBIX) Plans $80M Buyback
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesStock Buybacks
Related EntitiesStock Buyback
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!