People's United Financial (PBCT) Announces Buyback of 33.6 Million Shares
- Top 10 News for 2/23 - 2/27: Revised GDP Slips, but Beats, in Q4; Two Pharma Giants to Merge; Net Neutrality Passes
- UPDATE: Revised Q4 GDP Growth Slows to 2.2% as Private Inventory Investment Estimate Trimmed
- Former AIG (AIG) CEO Benmosche Dies at Age 70
- UPDATE: FDIC Takes Over Doral Bank (DRL) in Puerto Rico
- Ericsson (ERIC) Files Complaints Against Apple (AAPL) Over Patent Infringement
People's United Financial, Inc. (NASDAQ: PBCT) today announced that its Board of Directors approved a new share repurchase authorization. Earlier this quarter, the Company completed its previous share repurchase authorization, announced in October 2011, by purchasing 18 million shares (at a weighted average price of $12.08 per share) since that time. Under the new authorization, up to 10 percent of the Company's common shares outstanding, or 33.6 million shares, can be repurchased, either directly or through agents, in the open market at prices, times and terms satisfactory to management. The pending share repurchase activity will be financed using cash on hand and the proceeds from one or more debt financings. The timing of share repurchases and debt financings will be subject to market conditions.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ross Stores (ROST) Announces $1.4B Stock Buyback, Raises Dividend 18%
- Ecolab Inc. (ECL) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS; Plans $1B Stock Buyback
- Chicos FAS (CHS) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c; Plans Store Closures, Job Cuts
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesStock Buybacks
Related EntitiesStock Buyback
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!