People's United Financial (PBCT) Announces Buyback of 33.6 Million Shares
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
People's United Financial, Inc. (NASDAQ: PBCT) today announced that its Board of Directors approved a new share repurchase authorization. Earlier this quarter, the Company completed its previous share repurchase authorization, announced in October 2011, by purchasing 18 million shares (at a weighted average price of $12.08 per share) since that time. Under the new authorization, up to 10 percent of the Company's common shares outstanding, or 33.6 million shares, can be repurchased, either directly or through agents, in the open market at prices, times and terms satisfactory to management. The pending share repurchase activity will be financed using cash on hand and the proceeds from one or more debt financings. The timing of share repurchases and debt financings will be subject to market conditions.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- SoTHERLY Hotels (SOHO) Approves $10M Stock Buyback Plan
- WEC Energy (WEC) Raises Quarterly Dividend 5.1% to $0.52; 3.8% Yield
- CA Technologies (CA) to Acquire Automic Holding GmbH for EUR600M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesStock Buybacks
Related EntitiesStock Buyback
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!