Mueller Industries (MLI) Enters $427M Buyback w/ Leucadia (LUK)
- Market Wrap: GM's New Paradigm-Shifting CEO; Volcker Rule Passes Muster
- MasterCard (MA) Approves $3.5B Buyback; Announces 10-for-1 Split, 83% Dividend Increase
- After Hours Stock Movers 12/10: (SNI) (SWHC) (MA) Higher; (AVNR) (LH) (BBRY) Lower (more...)
- Stocks Buckle at the Knees on Growing Fear of a December Taper
- These 7 High Priced Stocks Should Follow MasterCard (MA) and Split Their Stocks Too...
Mueller Industries, Inc. (NYSE: MLI) has entered into an agreement to repurchase 10,422,859 shares of Mueller common stock owned by Leucadia National Corporation (and its subsidiaries) (NYSE: LUK) at a negotiated price per share of $41.00, for an aggregate purchase price of $427,337,219. The shares to be purchased in the repurchase transaction equate to approximately 27.2% of Mueller's common shares currently outstanding and constitute Leucadia's entire ownership stake in Mueller. Ian M. Cumming and Joseph S. Steinberg, Leucadia's designees to the Company's Board of Directors, will resign from the Board upon the closing of the repurchase, which is expected to occur on or before September 26, 2012, subject to customary closing conditions. The repurchase was approved by the Board following the recommendation of the directors not affiliated with Leucadia and will be funded using a combination of the Company's available cash on hand and borrowings under the Company's existing line of credit.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Franklin Resources (BEN) Declares $0.12 Quarterly Dividend; Adds 30M to Buyback
- Fortinet (FTNT) Announces $200M Buyback Plan
- Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) Tops Q2 EPS by 7c; Bolsters Buyback Plan; Guides FY13
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesStock Buybacks
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!