Allison Transmission (ALSN) Announces $1B Stock Buyback Plan
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Allison Transmission Holdings Inc. (NYSE: ALSN) today announced that its board of directors recently concluded a review of the Company's business plan including product development and capital spending forecasts supporting growth initiatives and other shareholder value enhancing programs. In addition, the board of directors consulted with a number of stockholders, including Ashe Capital Management, Longview Asset Management, and ValueAct Capital, regarding capital allocation. Following an assessment of alternatives and perspectives, the board of directors has authorized a new stock repurchase program for up to $1 billion of its common stock. The Company anticipates repurchasing its common stock under the stock repurchase program from time to time through Dec. 31, 2019. The Company expects to complete its current $500 million stock repurchase program by Dec. 31, 2016.
Repurchases under the program may be made in the open market, in privately negotiated transactions or otherwise, with the amount and timing of repurchases depending on market conditions and corporate needs. Open market repurchases will be structured to occur within the pricing and volume requirements of Rule 10b-18. The Company may also, from time to time, enter into Rule 10b5-1 plans to facilitate repurchases of its shares under this authorization. This stock repurchase program does not obligate the Company to acquire any particular amount of its common stock and the program may be extended, modified, suspended or discontinued at any time at the Company's discretion.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rite Aid (RAD)/Walgreens (WBA) Antitrust Concerns Doesn't Mean Deal is Dead, Says Deutsche Bank
- Perma-Fix (PESI) Names S. Robert Cochran to Board of Directors
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 01/20: (SWKS) (EMES) (CF) Higher; (PSTI) (AFMD) (BMY) Lower (more...)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesStock Buybacks
Related EntitiesValueAct Capital, LLC, Jeffrey W. Ubben, Stock Buyback, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!