Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 12/27: (DECK) (EXPE) (AUO) Above; (SPY) (AKS) (LEN) Below
- Herbalife (HLF) Confirms FTC Civil Investigation
- Pfizer (PFE) to Appeal Celebrex Reissue Patent Court Decision
- Microsoft (MSFT) Names ValueAct's Morfit to Board
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 03/12: (OXGN) (EPL) (MTEX) Higher; (GERN) (HDY) (CNTF) Lower
- Microsoft (MSFT), Apple (AAPL) Top List as U.S. Offshore Corp. Cash Pile Swells
Crossing and above:
- Deckers Outdoor Corp. (Nasdaq: DECK) - up 8.2 percent. Gaining as sentiment improves over UGG sales from the recent winter storm. For more color, click here.
- Expedia Inc. (Nasdaq: EXPE) - up 3.4 percent. Could be a delayed reaction as Lone Pine boosted its stake in Expedia peer Tripadvisor (Nasdaq: TRIP) on Wednesday. For more color, click here.
- AuRico Gold (NYSE: AUQ) - up 3.2 percent. Moving higher as investors look to hedge with gold/miners into the final days of fiscal cliff talks.
- SPDR S&P 500 (NYSE: SPY) - down 1.0 percent. Slipping below the $140 support level as U.S. markets digest the impending fiscal cliff as well as the debt ceiling expected to be hit on December 31st. The S&P tracker is down three of the last four sessions, making it four out of five of today's negative result holds.
- AK Steel (NYSE: AKS) - down 6.1 percent. Bumping up against the $4.70 level today, a key activity level for AK over the last month. Shares tested the level back in September, moving back up before a sharp decline in November on volume. Despite AK shares working their way back up, that $4.70 level stands firm.
- Lennar (NYSE: LEN) - down 1.4 percent. Homebuilders have been on quite the run through 2012 and Lennar is no exception. However, shares have been stagnant lately as some investors re-evaluate positions into the new year. Today, new home sales numbers came in at 377,000, missing expectations by about 3,000 units. Lennar is currently on a three-session slide, not including today's action.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Citron Says Plug Power (PLUG) Fair Value is 50 Cents
- Nu Skin Enterprises (NUS) Resumes Trading
- FBN reporting Herbalife (HLF) halt related to FTC civil investigation
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!