Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 12/21: (AMD) (ABT) (P) Above; (NPSP) (BTU) (GBX) Below
- Top 10 News for 8/25 - 8/29: S&P 500's New Record; U.S. Q2 GDP Outpaces Views; Major Mergers Aplenty
- Pressure on U.S. to Update Terror Alert System After U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level
- FTC Requests Additional Info from Reynolds American (RAI), Lorillard (LO) on Pending Deal
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Warns Lofty CEO Expectations May Not Be Attainable
Crossing and above:
- Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) - down 0.4 percent. Though lower on the session, AMD crawled back up today. Not specific reasoning was tied to the action, though some speculate that the head of AMD in China may have resigned.
- Abbott Labs (NYSE: ABT) - up 0.4 percent. Higher as its spin off, AbbVie (NYSE: ABBV), will be joining the S&P 500, replacing Federated Investors at the same time. AbbVie will also take the spot of Dell (Nasdaq: DELL) in the S&P 100.
- Pandora Media (NYSE: P) - down 0.7 percent. In an 8-K this morning, Pandora said it was close to selecting a new CFO and that the process might be done before the end of 2012. For more color, click here.
- NPS Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: NPSP) - down 1.9 percent. NPS slumping as investors sell the news today. The pharma announced receipt of FDA approval for Gattex earlier. For more color on the drug, click here.
- Peabody Energy (NYSE: BTU) - down 1.9 percent. Coal miners have been pressured this week following speculation that China will be lifting its tariffs on coke coal and semi-coke coal. Peabody has been caught in a range spannign from $24 to $30 over the last several months.
- Greenbrier (NYSE: GBX) - down 10.9 percent. The company reaffirmed that American Railcar's (Nasdaq: ARII) $22 per share bid was still unacceptable. Icahn's American Railcar made an initial bid of $20 per share earlier in the week. For more color, click here.
You May Also Be Interested In
- United Therapeutics (UTHR) Gains After Judge Rules Remodulin Patents are Not Invalid
- Deutsche Telekom AG (DTEGY) Opens Talks on T-Mobile (TMUS) at $35/Share
- Splunk (SPLK) Ticks Lower into Q2 Results; Traders Look for Upside