Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 12/21: (AMD) (ABT) (P) Above; (NPSP) (BTU) (GBX) Below
- Market Wrap: Stocks Cry for Argentina; Tesla's 'Electrified' Q2 Report, Outlook; T-Mobile Gets New Suitor
- After-Hours Stock Movers 7/31 (IMPV) (GDOT) (LNKD) Higher; (WWWW) (SREV) (GPRO) Lower (more...)
- Tesla Motors, Inc. (TSLA) Tops Q2 EPS by 7c
- LinkedIn (LNKD) Tops Q2 EPS by 12c; Guides Above the Street
- Stocks Sink on Argentine Default and Rate Hike Worries
Crossing and above:
- Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) - down 0.4 percent. Though lower on the session, AMD crawled back up today. Not specific reasoning was tied to the action, though some speculate that the head of AMD in China may have resigned.
- Abbott Labs (NYSE: ABT) - up 0.4 percent. Higher as its spin off, AbbVie (NYSE: ABBV), will be joining the S&P 500, replacing Federated Investors at the same time. AbbVie will also take the spot of Dell (Nasdaq: DELL) in the S&P 100.
- Pandora Media (NYSE: P) - down 0.7 percent. In an 8-K this morning, Pandora said it was close to selecting a new CFO and that the process might be done before the end of 2012. For more color, click here.
- NPS Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: NPSP) - down 1.9 percent. NPS slumping as investors sell the news today. The pharma announced receipt of FDA approval for Gattex earlier. For more color on the drug, click here.
- Peabody Energy (NYSE: BTU) - down 1.9 percent. Coal miners have been pressured this week following speculation that China will be lifting its tariffs on coke coal and semi-coke coal. Peabody has been caught in a range spannign from $24 to $30 over the last several months.
- Greenbrier (NYSE: GBX) - down 10.9 percent. The company reaffirmed that American Railcar's (Nasdaq: ARII) $22 per share bid was still unacceptable. Icahn's American Railcar made an initial bid of $20 per share earlier in the week. For more color, click here.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tekmira Pharmaceuticals (TKMR) Stock Quietly Gains Steam on Ebola Outbreak
- UPDATE: Shutterfly, Inc. (SFLY) Active on Chatter
- Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO) drug has favorably benefits versus risk, FDA Panel said (halted)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesCarl Icahn, Standard & Poor's, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!