Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 12/19: (CLF) (USO) (NAV) Above; (GE) (NUS) (JCP) Below
- BreitBurn Energy Partners (BBEP) to Acquire QR Energy (QRE) in $3B Deal
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 07/24: (CBDE) (DWCH) (VDSI) Higher; (LMCA) (GPRC) (TSC) Lower
- Zillow (Z) in Talks to Buy Trulia (TRLA) - Bloomberg
- SodaStream (SODA) May be Taken Private - Bloomberg
- Caterpillar, Inc. (CAT) Posts Q2 adj.-EPS of $1.69
Crossing and above:
- Cliffs Natural Resources (NYSE: CLF) - up 2.1 percent. Moving higher above the $36 level today as peers see pressure all around. Cliffs has been on quite the run, closing higher nine of the last 11 sessions.
- United States Oil (NYSE: USO) - up 1.8 percent. Crude moving higher as EIA reported a drop of 964,000 barrels, versus the Street consensus of a $1.75 million drop. The ETF has been on a nice trend as well, rising in five of the last six trading days. February WTI contracts are up $1.54 on the session to $89.94 per barrel.
- Navistar International (NYSE: NAV) - down 8.5 percent. Reported Q4 GAAP loss of $40.13 per share earlier, amid strong revs of $3.28 billion. Given the volatility Navistar has been through over the last few months, the 50-day SMA hasn't had a chance to move one way or the other.
- General Electric Co. (NYSE: GE) - down 2.9 percent. GE now below the metric following a dip and rise above on Tuesday. The conglomerate may announce a $4 billion deal to acquire Italian aircraft parts maker Avio sometime this week.
Tuesday night, GE Capital announced redemption of certain senior notes. For more color, click here.
- Nu Skin Enterprises Inc. (NYSE: NUS) - down 6.6 percent. Punched lower after news that hedge fund man Bill Ackman is short MLM peer Herbalife (NYSE: HLF).
- J. C. Penney (NYSE: JCP) - up 1.4 percent. Higher today, but still below its 50-day, following news that it tapped former Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (NYSE: ANF) executive Brandon Tonniges as its director of visual merchandising.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: ARIAD Pharma (ARIA) Ramps Higher
- Ebix, Inc. (EBIX) Lower; Head of IR Said to Depart
- SodaStream (SODA) Trading Resumes, Shares up 18%
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesWilliam Ackman, Hedge Funds, Crude Oil, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!