Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 12/19: (CLF) (USO) (NAV) Above; (GE) (NUS) (JCP) Below
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Crossing and above:
- Cliffs Natural Resources (NYSE: CLF) - up 2.1 percent. Moving higher above the $36 level today as peers see pressure all around. Cliffs has been on quite the run, closing higher nine of the last 11 sessions.
- United States Oil (NYSE: USO) - up 1.8 percent. Crude moving higher as EIA reported a drop of 964,000 barrels, versus the Street consensus of a $1.75 million drop. The ETF has been on a nice trend as well, rising in five of the last six trading days. February WTI contracts are up $1.54 on the session to $89.94 per barrel.
- Navistar International (NYSE: NAV) - down 8.5 percent. Reported Q4 GAAP loss of $40.13 per share earlier, amid strong revs of $3.28 billion. Given the volatility Navistar has been through over the last few months, the 50-day SMA hasn't had a chance to move one way or the other.
- General Electric Co. (NYSE: GE) - down 2.9 percent. GE now below the metric following a dip and rise above on Tuesday. The conglomerate may announce a $4 billion deal to acquire Italian aircraft parts maker Avio sometime this week.
Tuesday night, GE Capital announced redemption of certain senior notes. For more color, click here.
- Nu Skin Enterprises Inc. (NYSE: NUS) - down 6.6 percent. Punched lower after news that hedge fund man Bill Ackman is short MLM peer Herbalife (NYSE: HLF).
- J. C. Penney (NYSE: JCP) - up 1.4 percent. Higher today, but still below its 50-day, following news that it tapped former Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (NYSE: ANF) executive Brandon Tonniges as its director of visual merchandising.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GenVec (GNVC) halted again LUDP last up 20%
- Lululemon Athletica (LULU) December weekly volatility increases to 85 into Q3 and outlook
- New Oriental (EDU) puts active after Reuters says Standards council investigating
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesWilliam Ackman, Hedge Funds, Crude Oil, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!