Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 12/19: (CLF) (USO) (NAV) Above; (GE) (NUS) (JCP) Below
- UPDATE: Nonfarm Payrolls Added 223K in June, Missing Views Amid Gains in Health Care, Retail Trade
- Centene (CNC) to Acquire Health Net (HNT) in ~$6.8B Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 07/02: (XOOM) (HNT) (AGTC) Higher; (WPCS) (FRO) (WU) Lower (more...)
- Tesla (TSLA) Delivered 11,507 Model S Units in Q2; Tops Own Expectations
- BP plc (BP) to Settle Deepwater Horizon Claims; Will Pay Up to $18.7B
Crossing and above:
- Cliffs Natural Resources (NYSE: CLF) - up 2.1 percent. Moving higher above the $36 level today as peers see pressure all around. Cliffs has been on quite the run, closing higher nine of the last 11 sessions.
- United States Oil (NYSE: USO) - up 1.8 percent. Crude moving higher as EIA reported a drop of 964,000 barrels, versus the Street consensus of a $1.75 million drop. The ETF has been on a nice trend as well, rising in five of the last six trading days. February WTI contracts are up $1.54 on the session to $89.94 per barrel.
- Navistar International (NYSE: NAV) - down 8.5 percent. Reported Q4 GAAP loss of $40.13 per share earlier, amid strong revs of $3.28 billion. Given the volatility Navistar has been through over the last few months, the 50-day SMA hasn't had a chance to move one way or the other.
- General Electric Co. (NYSE: GE) - down 2.9 percent. GE now below the metric following a dip and rise above on Tuesday. The conglomerate may announce a $4 billion deal to acquire Italian aircraft parts maker Avio sometime this week.
Tuesday night, GE Capital announced redemption of certain senior notes. For more color, click here.
- Nu Skin Enterprises Inc. (NYSE: NUS) - down 6.6 percent. Punched lower after news that hedge fund man Bill Ackman is short MLM peer Herbalife (NYSE: HLF).
- J. C. Penney (NYSE: JCP) - up 1.4 percent. Higher today, but still below its 50-day, following news that it tapped former Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (NYSE: ANF) executive Brandon Tonniges as its director of visual merchandising.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BofA/ML Transitions Coverage on Tesla (TSLA), Raises Price Target to $180
- ITT Educational Services (ESI) Pops Higher Early Following Submission of FY14 Financial Statements
- Citron Research Re-Enters Tesla (TSLA) Short Following Deliveries
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesWilliam Ackman, Hedge Funds, Crude Oil, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!