Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 12/17: (QCOM) (OCZ) (URRE) Above; (S) (ATVI) (CIM) Below
- European stocks hit three-week low as Trump reality sets in
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Calls Apple's (AAPL) Claims 'Baseless'
- Unease over Trump sends dollar to one-and-half month low
- Kate Spade (KATE) Said to Attract Interest from Coach (COH) and Michael Kors (KORS) - Bloomberg
- Oil falls as signs of U.S. output rise overshadow OPEC-led cuts
Crossing and above:
- Qualcomm Inc (Nasdaq: QCOM) - up 2.7 percent. Bouncing higher after seeing some downside last Friday on concerns over Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL) iPhone sales moving into the first quarter of 2013.
- OCZ Technology Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: OCZ) - up 14.6 percent. .OCZ said that it initiated a beta test program for its Linux Acceleration (LXL) Software development and invites its enterprise SSD customers to participate. The new OCZ LXL Software is a fast caching storage solution for OCZ's portfolio of enterprise SSDs and designed specifically for Linux-based physical and virtual environments.
- Uranium Resources, Inc. (Nasdaq: URRE) - up 21.1 percent. Uranium stocks higher as Japan's Liberal Democratic Party reclaimed power over the weekend. Many believe Japan will restart some nuclear power, bolstering uranium prices in the process.
- Sprint Nextel (NYSE: S) - down 0.4 percent. Sprint put in a bid of $2.97 per share for Clearwire (Nasdaq: CLWR), just 7 cents above its offer last week. Some suspect that Clearwire might draw a higher bid, but Softbank restricted the maximum amount Sprint could pay for the asset.
- Activision Blizzard, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) - down 2.8 percent. Following the terrible tragedy in Sandy Hook, Connecticut, last Friday, some are once again pointing the finger at violent video games for the shooting. For more on the debate, click here.
- Chimera Investment Corp. (NYSE: CIM) - down 3.0 percent. Following an update on its book value last week, Chimera shares seem to see resistance at the $2.75 - $2.80 level.
Notably, both economic and GAAP book value's improved year-over-year in September.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Qualcomm (QCOM) January weekly volatility increased on Apple (AAPL) sues over patents
- Stocks with Implied Volatility Movement
- SPDR Gold Trust (GLD) volatility at low end of range as gold trades a two-month high
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesStocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!