Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 12/14: (ISIS) (GOL) (SNE) Above; (QCOM) (ARIA) (PAY) Below
Crossing and above:
- Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: ISIS) - up 3.0 percent. Received a negative opinion from the EMA CHMP on KYNAMRO for the treatment of patients with Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolaemia (HoFH). Sanofi's (NYSE: SNY) Genzyme plans to request a re-examination of the CHMP Opinion.
The news may have been baked into shares, with Isis down 41 percent from a recent annual high hit in September.
- Gol Linhas Areas (NYSE: GOL) - up 6.2 percent. Gol looks to be breaking above the $5 today, though traders are probably keeping an eye on the $5.50 resistance level.
- Sony Corp (NYSE: SNE) - up 2.2 percent. Making a real nice move over the last few sessions. Sony has ended higher five of the last seven and gapped above the $10.50 level on Thursday. Another key level will be $11, which offered support in July and August.
- Qualcomm (Nasdaq: QCOM) - down 4.6 percent. Lower as Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL) suppliers are tanking today on chatter of lowered orders from the Cupertino, California-based tech giant.
- ARIAD Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: ARIA) - down 18.5 percent. Selling off after the FDA granted accelerated approval of Iclusig (ponatinib) for the treatment of adult patients with chronic, accelerated or blast phase chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) that is resistant or intolerant to prior tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI) therapy or Philadelphia chromosome-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia (Ph+ ALL) that is resistant or intolerant to prior TKI therapy.
Shares had been hanging around a 52-week higher prior to the move.
- VeriFone Systems (NYSE: PAY) - down 10.5 percent. Reported in-line Q4 EPS of 76 cents on Thursday night. Guidance for Q113 calling for EPS of 70 cents to 73 cents missed expectations of 75 cents. For more color, click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Top 10 News for 1/26 - 1/30: Apple's Record Results, Record Price; M&A Back in Fashion; Burger Giant Names New CEO
- Genetic Technologies Ltd. (GENE) Sees Early Selling Following Yesterday's Massive Run-Up
- Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows 1/30: (AAPL) (BIIB) (QLGC) High; (DECK) (GDOT) (CBI) Low
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesGenzyme/Sanofi-Aventis, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!