Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 12/12: (TSL) (XOM) JOY) Above; (TEVA) (KOG) (TLT) Below
- Top 10 News for 2/1 - 2/5: Payrolls Gain, Unemplment Wanes; Investors Move Out of LinkedIn; Viacom Legend Steps Down
- Technology rout pushes Nasdaq to lowest close since 2014
- Change in Nonfarm Payrolls 151K vs 190K Expected; UE Rate 4.9% vs 5% Expected
- Investors Smell Opportunity in Flint's Stinky Water
- Business services firms' shares bleed as LinkedIn, Tableau crash
Crossing and above:
- Trina Solar (NYSE: TSL) - up 10.6 percent. Up on word that China allocated $2 billion to solar projects this year. Shares have closed higher 11 of the last 14 since its quarterly results on November 20th.
- Exxon Mobil (NYSE: XOM) - up 1.0 percent. Energy and crude producers higher following FOMC comments earlier. In part, the continued market activity by the Fed pushed the dollar lower, making crude contracts cheaper to outside investors.
- Joy Global (NYSE: JOY)- up 4.2 percent. Topped Q4 EPS views by 22 cents today, while revs of $1.59 billion outpaced the consensus.
- Hess Corp (NYSE: HES) - up 3.1 percent. Gaining along with the energy sector today, but also announced a discovery offshore Ghana at Pecan-1. For more color, click here.
- Teva Pharmaceutical (NYSE: TEVA) - down 5.2 percent. Announced a series of cost-cutting measures today, which did not sit well with investors. FOr more on the measures, click here.
- Kodiak Oil & Gas (NYSE: KOG) - down 1.8 percent. Lowers a SunTrust downgraded share to Neutral today, while lopping its price target by 17 percent.
- iShares Barclays 20+ Year Treas Bond (NYSE: TLT) - down 1.0 percent. The first ETF to be mentioned on the report, U.S. Treasuries seeing a little pressure following planned action by the Fed, as announced earlier. For more on the FOMC statement, click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- SunEdison (SUNE) Shares Tick Lower Early
- Market view of next U.S. rate hike shifts into 2016 after jobs data
- Sierra Wireless (SWIR) Misses Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Light FY16 Outlook; TSX Approves NCIB
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesFederal Open Market Committee, Barclays, Crude Oil, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!