Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 12/05: (C) (SVU) (ANR) Above; (EDU) (FRAN) (PHM) Below
- Top 10 News for 12/02 - 12/06: Facebook Snubbed Again; Bitcoin Mania!; New Deal for Apple?
- U.S. Adds Jobs at Higher Clip in November, Unemployment Rate Falls to 7%
- Bitcoin Crashes 21%
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/06: (MBLX) (VIFL) (BLDP) Higher; (RALY) (ULTA) (SEAC) Lower
- Sears Holdings (SHLD) Files to Spin-Off Lands' End Unit
Crossing and above:
- Citigroup (NYSE: C) - up 7.8 percent. Announced an 11,000 person job cut today along with a $1 billion charge. But, investors are banking on longer-term cost savings via future streamlining and repositioning.
- Supervalu (NYSE: SVU) - up 11.0 percent. Ticking higher on more Cerberus chatter today. Many suspect that Cerberus will acquire two units from Supervalu -- Save-A-Lot and Albertson's -- which will keep Supervalu public and infuse it with cash to pay down some debt. For more color, click here.
- Alpha Natural (NYSE: ANR) - up 11.5 percent. Coal stocks higher amid RBC Capital issuing a positive outlook on met coal and iron ore prices for next year. Alpha share have seen support at the $7 level and may break above the $8.25 to $8.50 level.
- Energy XXI (Nasdaq: EXXI) - up 6.6 percent. Moving higher following Freeport-McMoRan (NYSE: FCX) acquiring Energy XXI partner McMoRan Exploration (NYSE: MMR).
- New Oriental Education & Technology Group (NYSE: EDU) - down 8.9 percent. Shares have been wild & crazy lately, dropping 18.5 percent over the last few session as investor sentiment is treading on thin ice. The company issued a release today saying it would not comment on the unusual stock activity.
- Francesca's Holdings (Nasdaq: FRAN) - up 0.9 percent. Higher on the session, but down from stronger gains at the start following a third-quarter EPS beat and strong outlook for 2012. Click here for more color.
- PulteGroup, Inc. (NYSE: PHM) - down 4.7 percent. Lower as shares move below the $16.75 near-term support level. Homebuilders have been benefiting from strong housing data lately, setting some of the shares up for a pullback on profit taking.
You May Also Be Interested In
- JCPenney (JCP) Continues Lower as Sentiment Remains Mixed
- Herbalife (HLF) Says Icahn Not Selling Shares as Speculation Swirls
- InterOil (IOC) Reverses as Total Deal Has Plenty of Catches
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesCerberus Capital, Citi, RBC Capital, Earnings, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!