Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 12/05: (C) (SVU) (ANR) Above; (EDU) (FRAN) (PHM) Below
- Market Wrap: Chiquita Now Biggest Banana Brand; eBay Rejects Icahn Offer; McDonald's Comps Fell in Feb.
- After Hours Stock Movers 3/10 (LJPC) (POWR) (BYD) Higher; (FTEK) (AMZG) (URBN) Lower (more...)
- Chiquita Brands (CQB), Fyffes plc Enter Merger Agreement
- Pershing Square Comments on Herbalife (HLF); Says Allegations 'Provably False', Hasn't Provided Proof
- Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR) Becomes Keurig Green Mountain, Inc.
Crossing and above:
- Citigroup (NYSE: C) - up 7.8 percent. Announced an 11,000 person job cut today along with a $1 billion charge. But, investors are banking on longer-term cost savings via future streamlining and repositioning.
- Supervalu (NYSE: SVU) - up 11.0 percent. Ticking higher on more Cerberus chatter today. Many suspect that Cerberus will acquire two units from Supervalu -- Save-A-Lot and Albertson's -- which will keep Supervalu public and infuse it with cash to pay down some debt. For more color, click here.
- Alpha Natural (NYSE: ANR) - up 11.5 percent. Coal stocks higher amid RBC Capital issuing a positive outlook on met coal and iron ore prices for next year. Alpha share have seen support at the $7 level and may break above the $8.25 to $8.50 level.
- Energy XXI (Nasdaq: EXXI) - up 6.6 percent. Moving higher following Freeport-McMoRan (NYSE: FCX) acquiring Energy XXI partner McMoRan Exploration (NYSE: MMR).
- New Oriental Education & Technology Group (NYSE: EDU) - down 8.9 percent. Shares have been wild & crazy lately, dropping 18.5 percent over the last few session as investor sentiment is treading on thin ice. The company issued a release today saying it would not comment on the unusual stock activity.
- Francesca's Holdings (Nasdaq: FRAN) - up 0.9 percent. Higher on the session, but down from stronger gains at the start following a third-quarter EPS beat and strong outlook for 2012. Click here for more color.
- PulteGroup, Inc. (NYSE: PHM) - down 4.7 percent. Lower as shares move below the $16.75 near-term support level. Homebuilders have been benefiting from strong housing data lately, setting some of the shares up for a pullback on profit taking.
You May Also Be Interested In
- FuelCell (FCEL) Still has Energy Late Friday; Traders Take Cautious Angle into Weekend
- Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 03/11: (FCEL) (HIMX) (AAL) High; (WLT) (ANR) Low
- Plug Power (PLUG) Continues to Surge; Shares up 30%
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesCerberus Capital, Citi, RBC Capital, Earnings, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!