Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 12/03: (SVU) (RDN) (GS) Above; (SCHW) (EXEL) (JRCC) Below
- Top 10 News for 2/23 - 2/27: Revised GDP Slips, but Beats, in Q4; Two Pharma Giants to Merge; Net Neutrality Passes
- UPDATE: Revised Q4 GDP Growth Slows to 2.2% as Private Inventory Investment Estimate Trimmed
- Former AIG (AIG) CEO Benmosche Dies at Age 70
- UPDATE: FDIC Takes Over Doral Bank (DRL) in Puerto Rico
- Ericsson (ERIC) Files Complaints Against Apple (AAPL) Over Patent Infringement
Crossing and above:
- SUPERVALU Inc. (NYSE: SVU) - up 10.1 percent. Active again today as reports have Cerberus taking at options for the company. Despite the months-long chatter, shares haven't made much headway in moving higher as investor sentiment contines to be fleeting.
- Radian Group Inc. (NYSE: RDN) - up 3.2 percent. Looking to extend a three-day winning streak as it begins a Senior Debt exchange offer. For more, click here.
- Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS) - up percent. Sentiment is positive for Goldman and other financials today with Greece offering a €10 billion bond buyback and as U.S. economic data was a little mixed. Goldman shares have been up and down lately on the impending fiscal cliff as well as uncertainly still remaining in Europe.
- Charles Schwab Corp. (NYSE: SCHW) - down 0.4 percent. Schwab a little lower amid peer Interactive Brokers (Nasdaq: IBKR) reporting an 8 percent drop in Daily Average Revenue Trades (DARTs) for November. Click here for more color.
- Exelixis, Inc. (Nasdaq: EXEL) - down 5.9 percent. Continuing to fall amid announcing the FDA approved COMETRIQ (cabozantinib) for the treatment of progressive, metastatic medullary thyroid cancer in the United States and the EMA accepted a marketing app for the drug late last week. Shares dropped about 6.9 percent last Friday.
- James River Coal Co. (Nasdaq: JRCC) - down 9.3 percent. Coal miners seeing some weakness today, which might have something to do with comments out of iron-ore giant Vale SA (NYSE: VALE). The company trimmed its investment outlook to $16.3 billion next year, from $17.5 billion in 2012, as economic conditions and demand continue to weaken.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Allscripts (MDRX) Sees Heavy Put Activity Following Q4 Report
- Biocept (BIOC) Traders Begin Taking Profits; Shares Appear Overbought
- JCPenney (JCP) Gains; Macy's (M) Not Entitled to Damages (MSO)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesCerberus Capital, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!