Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 11/29: (SIRI) (BLOX) (RIO) Above; (M) (BKS) (WLL) Below
- Top 10 News for 8/22 - 8/26: Yellen Hints at Hike; Muddy Waters Picks New Target; Pfizer, Medivation/Pfizer Make it Official
- Janet Yellen Jackson Hole Speech; Rate Hike Case has Strengthened
- Wall Street slips in wake of comments by top Fed officials
- Apollo Global to Acquire Rackspace (RAX) in $4.3B Deal
- Icahn Shopped Herbalife (HLF) Stake to Ackman Group
Crossing and above:
- Sirius XM (Nasdaq: SIRI) - up 1.1 percent. Ticking a little higher as peer Pandora (NYSE: P) continues to do battle with record labels and artists over the current fee structure it gets paid.
- Infoblox (NYSE: BLOX) - up 35.5 percent. Ripping today following solid third-quarter results and outlook. For more color, click here.
- Rio Tinto Group (NYSE: RIO) - up 4.3 percent. Moving higher today as it holding an investor meeting in Australia. The company is planning $5 billion in cost savings by 2014.
- Macy's (NYSE: M) - down 4.0 percent. Lower as November comps fell 0.7 percent, versus expectations calling for a 2.5 percent gain.
- Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS) - down 11.6 percent. Reports a loss of 4 cents per share with flat revs of $1.88 billion.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp. (NYSE: WLL) - down 2.8 percent. Said to have explored a potential sale, buy buyers balked as the asking price Whiting wanted. Shares were active earlier on the headlines, jumping 7.9 percent before being halted on volatility this afternoon.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- St. Jude Medical (STJ) Refutes Claims Made by Short Seller Muddy Waters
- Carl Icahn Bought 2.3M Herbalife (HLF) Shares Today, Rips Bill Ackman
- Options volatility and volume movement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesEarnings, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!