Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 11/27: (MNST) (ZLCS) (AMRN) Above; (NXY) (DG) (HDY) Below
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Crossing and above:
- Monster Beverage (Nasdaq: MNST) - up 10.3 percent. Up on a letter sent by the U.S. FDA to Senators Richard Durbin and Senator Richard Blumenthal affirming it would review energy drinks which contain caffeine and other ingredients that contain stimulants. The letter is here.
- Zalicus Inc. (Nasdaq: ZLCS) - up 17.2 percent. Announced that Z160, its first-in-class, oral, state-dependent, selective N-type calcium channel (Cav 2.2) blocker in Phase 2 clinical development for chronic neuropathic pain, has been chosen by Windhover as one of the Top 10 Neuroscience Projects to Watch.
- Amarin (Nasdaq: AMRN) - up 4.0 percent. Citi initiated coverage on the pharma earlier at Buy and a price target of $20, citing valuation and position outlook on NCE status for Vascepa. For more color, click here.
- Nexen (NYSE: NXY) - down 2.7 percent. Nexen moving around as Chinese firm CNOOC (NYSE: CEO) continues to move forward with its $27.50 per share acquisition.
- Dollar General Corp. (NYSE: DG) - down 0.00 percent. Going to replace Cooper Industries plc (NYSE: CBE) in the S&P 500 after the close of trading on Friday, November 30. Shares have been volatile today.
- Hyperdynamics Corp. (NYSE: HDY) - down 11.0 percent. Continuing lower after announcing it would sell its interest in offshore Guinea play last week.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Volatility and Volume movement
- Autozone (AZO) December weekly volatility increases into Q1 and outlook
- iShares MSCI Japan Index Fund (EWJ) volatility at low end of range
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesCiti, Standard & Poor's, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!