Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 11/27: (MNST) (ZLCS) (AMRN) Above; (NXY) (DG) (HDY) Below
- Wall Street turns defensive on Trump's protectionist stance
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Thrashed as Apple (AAPL) Lawsuit Threatens Licensing Business Model
- McDonald's (MCD) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c
Crossing and above:
- Monster Beverage (Nasdaq: MNST) - up 10.3 percent. Up on a letter sent by the U.S. FDA to Senators Richard Durbin and Senator Richard Blumenthal affirming it would review energy drinks which contain caffeine and other ingredients that contain stimulants. The letter is here.
- Zalicus Inc. (Nasdaq: ZLCS) - up 17.2 percent. Announced that Z160, its first-in-class, oral, state-dependent, selective N-type calcium channel (Cav 2.2) blocker in Phase 2 clinical development for chronic neuropathic pain, has been chosen by Windhover as one of the Top 10 Neuroscience Projects to Watch.
- Amarin (Nasdaq: AMRN) - up 4.0 percent. Citi initiated coverage on the pharma earlier at Buy and a price target of $20, citing valuation and position outlook on NCE status for Vascepa. For more color, click here.
- Nexen (NYSE: NXY) - down 2.7 percent. Nexen moving around as Chinese firm CNOOC (NYSE: CEO) continues to move forward with its $27.50 per share acquisition.
- Dollar General Corp. (NYSE: DG) - down 0.00 percent. Going to replace Cooper Industries plc (NYSE: CBE) in the S&P 500 after the close of trading on Friday, November 30. Shares have been volatile today.
- Hyperdynamics Corp. (NYSE: HDY) - down 11.0 percent. Continuing lower after announcing it would sell its interest in offshore Guinea play last week.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) up 1.55%
- Lockheed Martin (LMT) January weekly volatility elevated into Q4 and outlook
- Aetna (AET) calls active after report of buyout of Humana (HUM) blocked by judge