Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 11/27: (MNST) (ZLCS) (AMRN) Above; (NXY) (DG) (HDY) Below
- Top 10 News for 12/15 - 12/19: Russia Raises Rates, Ruble Retreats; U.S., Cuba Get Friendly; Sony Crumbles Under Pressure
- BlackBerry (BBRY) Posts Surprise Q3 Profit; Reports 100% Sequential Growth in BES10 Licenses
- Facebook's (FB) Instagram is Bigger and Better than Twitter (TWTR), Should Be Worth $35 Billion - Citi
- Nike (NKE) Tops Q2 EPS by 4c; Adjusted Futures Orders Rose 11%
- Fed's Williams Says June Good Time to Consider 'Lift-Off'
Crossing and above:
- Monster Beverage (Nasdaq: MNST) - up 10.3 percent. Up on a letter sent by the U.S. FDA to Senators Richard Durbin and Senator Richard Blumenthal affirming it would review energy drinks which contain caffeine and other ingredients that contain stimulants. The letter is here.
- Zalicus Inc. (Nasdaq: ZLCS) - up 17.2 percent. Announced that Z160, its first-in-class, oral, state-dependent, selective N-type calcium channel (Cav 2.2) blocker in Phase 2 clinical development for chronic neuropathic pain, has been chosen by Windhover as one of the Top 10 Neuroscience Projects to Watch.
- Amarin (Nasdaq: AMRN) - up 4.0 percent. Citi initiated coverage on the pharma earlier at Buy and a price target of $20, citing valuation and position outlook on NCE status for Vascepa. For more color, click here.
- Nexen (NYSE: NXY) - down 2.7 percent. Nexen moving around as Chinese firm CNOOC (NYSE: CEO) continues to move forward with its $27.50 per share acquisition.
- Dollar General Corp. (NYSE: DG) - down 0.00 percent. Going to replace Cooper Industries plc (NYSE: CBE) in the S&P 500 after the close of trading on Friday, November 30. Shares have been volatile today.
- Hyperdynamics Corp. (NYSE: HDY) - down 11.0 percent. Continuing lower after announcing it would sell its interest in offshore Guinea play last week.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: American Realty Capital Properties (ARCP) Former Chairman Accused of Manipulating Results
- S&P 500 climbs above record closing level to 2,075.44 (SPY)
- American Apparel (APP) Said to Get Takeover Offer at $1.30 - $1.40/Share - NYPost
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesCiti, Standard & Poor's, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!