Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 11/19: (GMCR) (ARNA) (X) Above; (CSCO) (PCS) (UTSI) Below
- Top 10 News for 11/17 - 11/21: Halliburton's Big Buy; Japan Back in Recession; China Cuts Key Rate
- China Cuts Benchmark Rate Amid Weaknening Growth Prospects; Markets React (FXI)
- Dow Chemical (DOW), Third Point Enter Agreement; Four New Independent Directors Added
- Large Cut from OPEC Would Be 'Self-Negating', Says Goldman Sachs
- UPDATE: Volkswagen AG (VLKAY) Will Invest EUR 85.6B Over Next 5Y in Auto Ops - Bloomberg
Crossing and above:
- Green Mountain (Nasdaq: GMCR) - up 10.0 percent. Shares showing a nice bounce above the $26 level today as the heavily-shorted stock girds for a shortened week and an earnings report next Tuesday, November 27th.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: ARNA) - up 4.5 percent. Nothing really exceptional at Arena today, just moving on overall market sentiment. Shares got a bit of a boost after presenting at two conference last week.
- U.S. Steel (NYSE: X) - up 4.4 percent. Popping on chatter that Ukrane-based Metinvest might be interested in US Steel's Slovakian subsidiary. Metinvest has denied the chatter.
- Cisco (Nasdaq: CSCO) - up 1.6 percent. Higher on the session, but the recent decline in Cisco's shares ahead of its recent earnings announcement puts the 50-day SMA a little out of reach. Announced its intent to acquire Meraki for $1.2 billion.
- MetroPCS (NYSE: PCS) - up 0.4 percent. All sorts of chatter surrounding PCS today. Reports have DISH Networks (Nasdaq: DISH) making a bid for the company last August, while MetroPCS was also said to be in talks with Clearwire (Nasdaq: CLWR) over potential spectrum acquisitions.
For more PCS news, click here.
- UTStarcom Holdings Corp. (Nasdaq: UTSI) - up 13.5 percent. Ripping on news of a reverse stock split and $1.20 per share tender offer for up to $30 worth of ordinary shares. For more color, click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Hibbett Sports (HIBB) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; Lifts FY15 EPS Outlook
- Fed Board Conducts Review of Supervision of Biggest Banks
- Ross Stores (ROST) Tops Q3 EPS by 6c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesEarnings, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!