Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 11/19: (GMCR) (ARNA) (X) Above; (CSCO) (PCS) (UTSI) Below
- Wall St falls as lower oil prices weigh on energy stocks
- ADP Employment Change (Aug) 177K vs 175K Expected
- Medivation (MDVN) Bidding War Was Hotter Than the Market Even Thought
- Palo Alto Networks (PANW) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS; Guides FY17 EPS Above Views; Approves $500M Stock Buyback
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 08/31: (CHS) (ININ) (VEEV) Higher; (AVAV) (PANW) (HRB) Lower (more...)
Crossing and above:
- Green Mountain (Nasdaq: GMCR) - up 10.0 percent. Shares showing a nice bounce above the $26 level today as the heavily-shorted stock girds for a shortened week and an earnings report next Tuesday, November 27th.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: ARNA) - up 4.5 percent. Nothing really exceptional at Arena today, just moving on overall market sentiment. Shares got a bit of a boost after presenting at two conference last week.
- U.S. Steel (NYSE: X) - up 4.4 percent. Popping on chatter that Ukrane-based Metinvest might be interested in US Steel's Slovakian subsidiary. Metinvest has denied the chatter.
- Cisco (Nasdaq: CSCO) - up 1.6 percent. Higher on the session, but the recent decline in Cisco's shares ahead of its recent earnings announcement puts the 50-day SMA a little out of reach. Announced its intent to acquire Meraki for $1.2 billion.
- MetroPCS (NYSE: PCS) - up 0.4 percent. All sorts of chatter surrounding PCS today. Reports have DISH Networks (Nasdaq: DISH) making a bid for the company last August, while MetroPCS was also said to be in talks with Clearwire (Nasdaq: CLWR) over potential spectrum acquisitions.
For more PCS news, click here.
- UTStarcom Holdings Corp. (Nasdaq: UTSI) - up 13.5 percent. Ripping on news of a reverse stock split and $1.20 per share tender offer for up to $30 worth of ordinary shares. For more color, click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: SkyPeople Fruit Juice (SPU) Halted on LUDP after Surge
- Needham & Company Reiterates Hold on Palo Alto Networks (PANW) following 4Q Beat and Guide
- Oppenheimer Remains bullish on Palo Alto Networks (PANW) Following In-Line 4Q Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesEarnings, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!