Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 11/19: (GMCR) (ARNA) (X) Above; (CSCO) (PCS) (UTSI) Below
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
Crossing and above:
- Green Mountain (Nasdaq: GMCR) - up 10.0 percent. Shares showing a nice bounce above the $26 level today as the heavily-shorted stock girds for a shortened week and an earnings report next Tuesday, November 27th.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: ARNA) - up 4.5 percent. Nothing really exceptional at Arena today, just moving on overall market sentiment. Shares got a bit of a boost after presenting at two conference last week.
- U.S. Steel (NYSE: X) - up 4.4 percent. Popping on chatter that Ukrane-based Metinvest might be interested in US Steel's Slovakian subsidiary. Metinvest has denied the chatter.
- Cisco (Nasdaq: CSCO) - up 1.6 percent. Higher on the session, but the recent decline in Cisco's shares ahead of its recent earnings announcement puts the 50-day SMA a little out of reach. Announced its intent to acquire Meraki for $1.2 billion.
- MetroPCS (NYSE: PCS) - up 0.4 percent. All sorts of chatter surrounding PCS today. Reports have DISH Networks (Nasdaq: DISH) making a bid for the company last August, while MetroPCS was also said to be in talks with Clearwire (Nasdaq: CLWR) over potential spectrum acquisitions.
For more PCS news, click here.
- UTStarcom Holdings Corp. (Nasdaq: UTSI) - up 13.5 percent. Ripping on news of a reverse stock split and $1.20 per share tender offer for up to $30 worth of ordinary shares. For more color, click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Instinet On Pandora (P) Preannouncement : "We Remain In Wait-And-See Mode"
- UnitedHealth Care (UNH) volatility at 29 into Q4 and outlook
- Goldman Sachs Comments On Bank Of America (BAC) Q4 Report, Keeps On Conviction Buy List
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesEarnings, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!