Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 11/16: (BKD) (WEN) (MPEL) Above; (ARUN) (SWSH) (SWFT) Below
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Crossing and above:
- Brookdale Senior Living (NYSE: BKD) - up 10.6 percent. Higher on positive chatter about a potential REIT conversion. Click here for more color.
- The Wendy's Company (NYSE: WEN) - up 1.9 percent. Moving higher today as peer Yum! Brands (NYSE: YUM) announced a mew $1 billion buyback program and boosted dividend. Currently, Wendy's pays out 4 cents per share quarterly, for an annual yield of about 3.7 percent.
- Melco Crown (Nasdaq: MPEL) - up 2.0 percent. Seeing a modest bounce from Penn National Gaming (Nasdaq: PENN) news today, where the company is going to split-up its operations into gaming and real property assets.
- Aruba Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: ARUN) - down 2.5 percent. Aruba trading lower following first-quarter results issued after markets closed Thursday. Though EPS and revs both beat, investors are selling the news today.
- Swisher Hygiene (Nasdaq: SWSH) - up 27.0 percent. Announced that sale of its Choice Environmental Services subsidiary to Waste Services of Florida, Inc., a subsidiary of Progressive Waste Solutions Ltd. (NYSE: BIN), for approximately $123.3 million in cash. Given Swisher's market cap was about $160 million ahead of today's announcement, that's a pretty good chuck of money coming in for Swisher.
Despite the pop today, Swisher has been below the 50-day SMA since the start of August, just getting above the indicator today before settling back down.
- Swift Transportation (Nasdaq: SWFT) - down 5.0 percent. Shares are lower after presenting at a Stephens conference on Wednesday. The company said, in part, the seasonal uptick "hasn't hit yet" and that Hurricane Sandy caused "disruption." Shares are down about 13 percent for the week.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GenVec (GNVC) halted again LUDP last up 20%
- Stocks with call price movement; USO TWTR
- GenVec (GNVC) halted again LUDP last up 30%
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDividend, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!