Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 11/15: (HP) (HOTT) (NXY) Above; (SIRI) (UAL) (SBUX) Below
- Wall St. set to open lower, weighed down by GE
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/21: (ALKS) (RAI) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SGY) (TWLO) (RRGB) Lower (more...)
- Oil rises on Russia's output freeze commitment
Crossing and above:
- Helmerich Payne (NYSE: HP) - up 5.0 percent. HP beat Q3 EPS expectations by 15 cents earlier as revs of $829.8 million were also stronger than expectations.
- Hot Topic, Inc. (Nasdaq: HOTT) - up 7.2 percent. Bested Q3 earnings views by 1 cent per share with comps up a modest 0.2 percent. Piper Jaffray also upgraded the company earlier.
- Nexen, Inc. (NYSE: NXY) - up 2.6 percent. Getting a little extra boost today as John Paulson reported at new 6 million share stake in the company at the end of the third quarter.
- Sirius XM (Nasdaq: SIRI) - down 2.6 percent. A little weaker Thursday following a late-Wednesday filing by Liberty Media Corp (Nasdaq: LMCA) showing the acquisition of another 4 million shares, bringing its total to 1,908,329,936 shares.
- United (NYSE: UAL) - down 0.3 percent. Modestly lower amid news that it is experiencing a computer outage, which may affect some flights. United is still in the process of resolving the issue.
- Starbucks Coffee Co. (Nasdaq: SBUX) - down 0.3 percent. Starbucks investors taking a "tea"-out following the recent announcement it would be acquiring Teavana Holdings (NYSE: TEA) for $15.50 per share. For more on the deal, click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- McDonald's (MCD) Q3 Revenue, Comps Top Views
- Netsuite (N) Tops Q3 EPS by 7c
- Kingsway Financial (KFS) Reports Q3 EPS of $0.06
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Paulson & Co. (PCI), Earnings, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!