Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 11/12: (CIM) (IDIX) (SHW) Above; (LUK) (DHI) (CVS) Below
- BlackBerry (BBRY) Posts Surprise Q3 Profit; Reports 100% Sequential Growth in BES10 Licenses
- Nike (NKE) Tops Q2 EPS by 4c; Adjusted Futures Orders Rose 11%
- Fed's Williams Says June Good Time to Consider 'Lift-Off'
Crossing and above:
Crossing and below:
- Chimera Investment Corp. (NYSE: CIM) - up 7.5 percent. Could be popping as Annaly Capital (NYSE: NLY) made a $12.50 per share bid for the rest of Crexus Investment (NYSE: CXS) it doesn't already own.
- Idenix Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: IDIX) - up 11.0 percent. Presented safety and antiviral activity results for the Company's clinical-stage hepatitis C virus (HCV) drug candidates – IDX719, a next-generation pan-genotypic NS5A inhibitor, and IDX184, a nucleotide polymerase inhibitor. Idenix presented updated clinical findings from a three-day proof-of-concept study, which demonstrated that IDX719 was well-tolerated at daily doses up to 100 mg and showed potent antiviral activity across HCV genotypes 1-4, with mean maximal viral load reductions up to approximately 4.0 log10 IU/mL.
- Sherwin-Williams Company (NYSE: SHW) - up 7.5 percent. Moved to acquire Consorcio Comex, S.A. de C.V. in a $2.34 billion deal.
Crossing and below:
- Leucadia National Corp. (NYSE: LUK) - down 4.5 percent. Entered an agreement to acquire the rest of Jefferies Group (NYSE: JEF) for about $2.8 billion. Investors are reacting to the news today.
- D.R. Horton, Inc. (NYSE: DHI) - down 3.2 percent. .Investors selling the news today. D.R. reported a 2 cent EPS beat, though revs were light. Orders rose 24 percent while the value of those orders was up 35 percent. The Company’s sales order backlog of homes under contract at September 30, 2012 increased 49% to 7,240 homes from 4,854 homes at September 30, 2011. The value of the backlog increased 61% to $1.7 billion at September 30, 2012 from $1.0 billion a year ago.
- CVS Caremark (NYSE: CVS) - down 0.2 percent. Modestly lower as peer Rite Aid (NYSE: RAD) said it might see an impact from Hurricane Sandy on November comps. Click here for more color.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- American Apparel (APP) Said to Get Takeover Offer at $1.30 - $1.40/Share - NYPost
- UPDATE: Caesars Entertainment (CZR), Senior Creditors Sign Deal on Bankruptcy - Bloomberg
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/17: (ASPX) (VOLC) (DRIV) Higher; (NVGN) (BEAV) (RT) Lower