Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 11/08: (KGC) (WEN) (BA) Above; (KORS) (LVS) (FB) Below
- Top 10 News for 5/26 - 5/29: Charter, Time Warner Cable Formally Enter Deal; Revised Q1 GDP Tops Tempered Expectations
- Humana (HUM) Said to Consider Sale Amid Receipt of Takeover Interest
- U.S. GDP Fell 0.7% in Q1 Amid Weaker Goods Exports, Business Investment - 2nd Est.
- Equinix (EQIX) to Acquire TelecityGroup in $3.6B Deal
- Merck (MRK) Issues Positive Update on KEYTRUDA Phase 2 in Colorectal Cancer, Other Solid Tumors
Crossing and above:
- Kinross Gold Corp. (NYSE: KGC) - up 6.9 percent. Gapping higher following quarterly results which saw Kinross with a 3 cent per share earnings beat for its third-quarter results.
- Wendy's (Nasdaq: WEN) - up 3.8 percent. Though Wendy's missed Q3 loss views, the company announced a $100 million buyback plan and doubled its dividend to 8 cents per share. That usually will win over investors' hearts.
- Boeing (NYSE: BA) - up 1.4 percent. Boeing getting a boost after updating its weekly Orders & Deliveries page, showing 80 new orders for its 737 model. Traders might also keep an eye on the $72.50 level for Boeing, which has been an activity level in the past.
- Sapient Corp (Nasdaq: SAPE) - up 15.2 percent. Shares getting to the highest point since last may as the Company beat Q3 EPS expectations by 2 cents, with revs of $299 million also topping views.
- Michael Kors Holdings Ltd. (NYSE: KORS) - down 6.9 percent. Kors shares moving back below the key $3 level. This is the first time Kors has been below the 50-day SMA since early August. Shares are still comfortably higher for the year, up about 88 percent or so.
- Facebook (Nasdaq: FB) - down 1.8 percent. Shares have been rather flat as of recent, popping just below the 50-day Thursday. More importantly, Facebook has nearly closed the gap higher realized following its third-quarter report in late October.
- Las Vegas Sands (NYSE: LVS) - down 3.2 percent. Sands giving a little shimmy and shake amid tepid gaming revs numbers out of Nevada. The Nevada Gaming Control Board said Las Vegas Strip revs rose 1.2 percent in September, just offsetting the 1.2 percent decline in the prior month. Gaming stocks are all a little lower on the session Thursday. For more, click here.
- Kohls Corp. (NYSE: KSS) - down 3.9 percent. Kohl's beat Q3 EPS views by 3 cents today. Looking forward, the retailer trimmed EPS expectations for 2012, from a range of $4.50 to $4.65 down to a new range of $4.52 to $4.60. The midpoint moves from about $4.58 down to $4.56, while the Street is at $4.62.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- TheStreetSweeper Negative on InterCloud Systems (ICLD)
- UPDATE: Chardan Capital Markets Cuts Himax Technologies (HIMX) to Sell; Samsung Moving to AMOLED Would be Huge Blow
- Ship Finance International Limited (NYSE:SFL) - Earnings Release
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDividend, Earnings, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!