Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 11/02: (XEC) (FMCN) (COH) Above; (CHK) (PBI) (ONNN) Below
- Top 10 News for 2/1 - 2/5: Payrolls Gain, Unemplment Wanes; Investors Move Out of LinkedIn; Viacom Legend Steps Down
- Technology rout pushes Nasdaq to lowest close since 2014
- Change in Nonfarm Payrolls 151K vs 190K Expected; UE Rate 4.9% vs 5% Expected
- Investors Smell Opportunity in Flint's Stinky Water
- Business services firms' shares bleed as LinkedIn, Tableau crash
Crossing and above:
- Cimarex Energy Co. (NYSE: XEC) - up 6.3 percent. Beat Q3 expectations by 5 cents per share earlier, while revs of $407 million were also stronger than views.
- Focus Media Holding Ltd. (Nasdaq: FMCN) - up 4.5 percent. Buyers may have secured a financing pool from Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Deutsche Bank, UBS, according to reports earlier in the session. Up until today, shares were trading just about flat, which flattened out the 50-day SMA as well.
- Coach, Inc. (NYSE: COH) - up 0.6 percent. Announced earlier that it has obtained a default judgment of $257 million in a lawsuit filed in Illinois Federal Court against individuals and businesses that operate websites selling counterfeit Coach merchandise.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp. (NYSE: CHK) - down 8.1 percent. Reported in-line Q3 earnings of 10 cents per share amid revenue coming in more than half-a-billion dollars better for the quarter. Shares also fell below the $20 support level today.
- Pitney Bowes, Inc. (NYSE: PBI) - down 12.6 percent. Getting hit after reporting a one-cent Q3 EPS miss. The company also declared common and preferred dividends today.
- ON Semiconductor Corp (Nasdaq: ONNN) - down 3.3 percent. Shares have been volatile below the $7 level. ON missed Q3 EPS views and guided Q4 sales below expectations.
- Rock-Tenn Co. (NYSE: RKT) - down 9.2 percent. Getting below the key $70 level amid beating Q4 EPS expectations. Revs of $2.36 billion missed views calling for $2.43 billion.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- WGL Holdings (WGL) Misses Q1 EPS by 11c, Raises Dividend
- LeapFrog Enterprises (LF) opening delayed with news pending
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, UBS, Merrill Lynch, Bank of America, Dividend, Earnings, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!