Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 10/22: (HRB) (MDT) (VFC) Above; (GE) (NLSN) (DRYS) Below
- Aetna (AET) to Acquire Humana (HUM) for $37 Billion, or $230/Share
- Top 10 News for 6/29 - 7/2: Greece's Bark Bites Markets; Tesla's Q2 Sales Outpace; Major Insurance Merger Announced
- Yelp (YELP) Sale Process Said to Stall as CEO Changes Mind
- UPDATE: Nonfarm Payrolls Added 223K in June, Missing Views Amid Gains in Health Care, Retail Trade
- Kraft Heinz Co (KHC) Announces Completion of Merger; Updates on Next Steps; Announces Dividend
Crossing and above:
- H&R Block, Inc. (NYSE: HRB) - up 3.3 percent. BTIG initiated coverage on the stock at Buy and $23 target.
- Medtronic (Nasdaq: MDT) - up 0.5 percent. Higher after reporting that Resolute did not increase rates of stent thrombosis one year after interrupting dual antiplatelet therapy after 30 days following usage of the stent.
- V.F. Corp. (NYSE: VFC) - down 5.0 percent. VF reported Q3 EPS of $3.52 and revs of $3.1 billion, versus consensus estimates EPS estimate of $3.49 and revs of $3.17 billion.
VF sees FY2012 EPS of $9.60, versus prior guidance of $9.50 and the consensus of $9.54.
- General Electric (NYSE: GE) - down percent. Still pressured from last Friday's quarterly results. Nomura issued positive comments on the stock this morning.
- Nielsen Holdings (NYSE: NLSN) - down 7.1 percent. Topped Q3 EPS views by 3 cents per share, while revs of $1.42 billion were a little light.
- DryShips, Inc. (Nasdaq: DRYS) - down 1.9 percent. The shipping segment -- both dry bulk and crude shippers -- are seeing a little pressure following Overseas Shipholding (NYSE: OSG) saying it might explore strategic alternatives.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BofA/ML Transitions Coverage on Tesla (TSLA), Raises Price Target to $180
- Juno Therapeutics (JUNO) Shares Gain
- Local Corp. (LOCM) Active, Shares Gain
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesNomura, Crude Oil, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!