Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 10/18: (JNPR) (LUV) (STLD) Above; (HBAN) (GOOG) (FIO) Below
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
Crossing and above:
- Juniper Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: JNPR) - up 3.9 percent. Up on speculative chatter, though the company said it hasn't hired a banker or received inquiries.
- Southwest Airlines Co. (NYSE: LUV) - up 0.7 percent. Reported Q3 EPS of $0.13, in-line with the analyst estimate of $0.13. Revenue for the quarter came in at $4.31 billion versus the consensus estimate of $4.37 billion.
- Steel Dynamics, Inc. (Nasdaq: STLD) - up 2.3 percent. Beat Q3 EPS expectations by 2 cents today, though revs came in a little light.
- Alliance Data Systems Corp. (NYSE: ADS) - up 3.8 percent. Nearing a 52-week high after topping Q3 EPS views by 16 cents while revs of $911.5 million also edged out the consensus.
- Huntington Bancshares, Inc. (Nasdaq: HBAN) - down 5.0 percent. Posted Q3 EPS of 19 cents versus the 17 cent consensus.
- Google (Nasdaq: GOOG) - down 9.0 percent. Down following an early Q3 release. The search giant blamed R.R. Donnelley (Nasdaq: RRD) on the mishap. For more on Google's numbers, click here.
- Fusion-io (NYSE: FIO) - down 4.2 percent. Barclays started coverage at Equalweight today with an unflattering $32 target. Shares are on a two-session slide below $28.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mnuchin Wants Fannie (FNMA)/Freddie (FMCC) Out of Government Hands, But Stocks Grossly Overvalued - Keefe, Bruyette & Woods
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Trading Radar for 12/5: GW Pharma (GWPH), KongZhong (KZ) Report