Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 10/10: (S) (VVUS) (SHO) Above; (CVX) (VLO) (GRPN) Below
- Top 10 News for 4/13 - 4/17: China Regulation, Greek Debt Rattle Markets; Netflix Rockets on Results; M&A News, Rumors Abound
- U.S. Antitrust Lawyers May Move to Block Comcast (CMCSA), Time Warner Cable (TWC) Deal
- Teva (TEVA) Said Considering Bid for Mylan (MYL)
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q1 EPS by 1c
- Stock Futures Deep in the Red
The following is a list of stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average (SMA) and are either above or below the metric. The 50-day is considered an indicator of a potential near-term trend formation.
Crossing and above:
Crossing and above:
- Sprint Nextel (NYSE: S) - up 2.0 percent. Moving higher on earlier reports that it might delay a bid for MetroPCS (NYSE: PCS). Sprint said it would have about 3 months to make a decision on PCS.
- VIVUS (Nasdaq: VVUS) - up 3.8 percent. VIVUS on a bit of a hot streak after getting some positive comments on Qsymia earlier. Shares have closed positively six of the last seven sessions.
- Sunstone Hotel Investors Inc. (NYSE: SHO) - up 2.0 percent. Moving higher as peer Host Hotels (NYSE: HST) issued relatively solid Q3 results
- Chevron Corporation (NYSE: CVX) - down 4.3 percent. Dipping after issuing a release that it sees Q3 earnings "substantially" lower from Q2. For more, click here.
- Valero (NYSE: VLO) - down 6.1 percent. Lower following peer Chevron's outlook. Shares also dipped below the key $30 level.
- Groupon, Inc. (Nasdaq: GRPN) - down 4.2 percent. Hit as eBay (Nasdaq: EBAY) is said to be debuting a new group deals service. For more, click here.
- Amazon.com Inc. (Nasdaq: AMZN) - down 2.4 percent. Could also be seeing some pressure from eBay, with the company rolling out a new website design and speedier shipping methods today. Shares dripping below the near-term $250 support level as well.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stocks Hit Session Lows
- MagneGas Corp. (MNGA) Declines on Reports of Explosion, Death
- Novogen (NVGN) Signs MOU with Feinstein Institute, to Collaborate on Brain Cancer Treatments
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesEarnings, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!