Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 10/09: (X) (NFX) (ACI) Above; (SBUX) (DTV) (CBS) Below
- Top 10 News for 9/19 - 9/23: Twitter on the Auction Block; Allergan Bolsters NASH Effort; Microsoft Returns Value
- Wall Street falls as energy lags; shares post gains on week
- Rumored Forever, Twitter (TWTR) May Have Finally Put the 'For Sale' Sign Up
- Facebook (FB) Shares Under Pressure on Reports Video Ad Metrics Were Artificially Inflated
- Brookfield Infrastructure (BIP)-Led Consortium to Take Controlling Stake in Petrobras' (PBR) NTS for $5.2B
The following is a list of stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average (SMA) and are either above or below the metric. The 50-day is considered an indicator of a potential near-term trend formation.
Crossing and above:
Crossing and above:
- US Steel (NYSE: X) - up 3.3 percent. Getting a little boost from VTB Capital today, which started coverage on the stock at Buy.
- Arch Coal Inc. (NYSE: ACI) - up 3.2 percent. Fending off a downgrade at Goldman Sachs earlier as sentiment in the steel sector prevails.
- Newfield Exploration Co. (NYSE: NFX) - up 6.5 percent. Moving higher on peer Continental Resources (NYSE: CLR) issuing a five-year growth plan late Monday.
- GreenHunter Energy, Inc. (AMEX: GRH) - up 10.5 percent. Said its wholly owned subsidiary, GreenHunter Water, LLC, has recently begun handling water disposal services at its newly completed salt water disposal (SWD) facility located near Helena, Karnes County, Texas.
- Starbucks Corporation (Nasdaq: SBUX) - down 2.1 percent. Could be seeing a little pressure from the Green Mountain (Nasdaq: GMCR) and Dr Pepper Snapple (NYSE: DPS) tea deal announced earlier.
- DIRECTV (Nasdaq: DTV) - down 3.0 percent. J.P. Morgan downgraded shares from Overweight to Neutral, setting a price target of $58.
- CBS Corp. (NYSE: CBS) - down 3.3 percent. CBS and DIRECTV entered a retransmission agreement today.
- Acme Packet (Nasdaq: APKT) - down 5.6 percent. Lower as MetroPCS (NYSE: PCS) will not be moving forward with the VoLTE roll-out due to merger talks with Deutsche Telekom's T-Mobile USA unit. For more color, click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GoPro (GPRO) Sees Strong Upside Move as Sentiment Turns on New Products
- Marinus Pharma (MRNS) Sees Strong Early Upside on Volume
- Mondelez Int'l (MDLZ) Not Back on the Table for Hershey Foods (HSY) - Bloomberg, Citing JPMorgan
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesJPMorgan, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!