Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 10/09: (X) (NFX) (ACI) Above; (SBUX) (DTV) (CBS) Below
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
The following is a list of stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average (SMA) and are either above or below the metric. The 50-day is considered an indicator of a potential near-term trend formation.
Crossing and above:
Crossing and above:
- US Steel (NYSE: X) - up 3.3 percent. Getting a little boost from VTB Capital today, which started coverage on the stock at Buy.
- Arch Coal Inc. (NYSE: ACI) - up 3.2 percent. Fending off a downgrade at Goldman Sachs earlier as sentiment in the steel sector prevails.
- Newfield Exploration Co. (NYSE: NFX) - up 6.5 percent. Moving higher on peer Continental Resources (NYSE: CLR) issuing a five-year growth plan late Monday.
- GreenHunter Energy, Inc. (AMEX: GRH) - up 10.5 percent. Said its wholly owned subsidiary, GreenHunter Water, LLC, has recently begun handling water disposal services at its newly completed salt water disposal (SWD) facility located near Helena, Karnes County, Texas.
- Starbucks Corporation (Nasdaq: SBUX) - down 2.1 percent. Could be seeing a little pressure from the Green Mountain (Nasdaq: GMCR) and Dr Pepper Snapple (NYSE: DPS) tea deal announced earlier.
- DIRECTV (Nasdaq: DTV) - down 3.0 percent. J.P. Morgan downgraded shares from Overweight to Neutral, setting a price target of $58.
- CBS Corp. (NYSE: CBS) - down 3.3 percent. CBS and DIRECTV entered a retransmission agreement today.
- Acme Packet (Nasdaq: APKT) - down 5.6 percent. Lower as MetroPCS (NYSE: PCS) will not be moving forward with the VoLTE roll-out due to merger talks with Deutsche Telekom's T-Mobile USA unit. For more color, click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Investment Focus: History suggests Trump month will be stocks down, dollar up
- Yahoo (YHOO) January weekly volatility is at 43 into the expected release of Q4
- McDonalds (MCD) volatility increases into Q4 and outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesJPMorgan, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!