Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 10/08: (PLCM) (ARNA) (MWW) Above; (FB) (SYMC) Below
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
The following is a list of stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average (SMA) and are either above or below the metric. The 50-day is considered an indicator of a potential near-term trend formation.
Crossing and above:
Crossing and above:
- Ploycom (Nasdaq: PLCM) - up 8.5 percent. Had a few news releases out today with new product and technology announcements. Items included RealPresence Platform, VisualEdge Executive Desktop, and others.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: ARNA) - up 1.3 percent. Arena making a move above the moving average following positive news for VIVUS (Nasdaq: VVUA) Qsymia earlier.
- Monster Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: MWW) - up 10.4 percent. Shares have been volatile lately, with investors anticipating some sort of M&A announcement. The 50-day SMA is currently situated at $7.34.
- Cliffs Natural (NYSE: CLF) - up 5.8 percent. Popping on a rise in iron ore prices, as reported over the weekend. Prices increased 6 percent to $110.40 per ton in China, according to The Streel Index.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Raymond James Upgrades Facebook (FB) to Strong Buy on Positive Checks, Attractive Risk/Reward
- IPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures (VXX) down 15c to 21.29
- Stocks with increasing put volume on January 12
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesLayoffs, McAfee Intel Merger, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!