Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 10/08: (PLCM) (ARNA) (MWW) Above; (FB) (SYMC) Below
- Market Wrap: Job Additions Light in Feb.; McDonald's Plans Better Product Sourcing; Lumber Liquidators Chopped Again
- Etsy (ETSY) Files $100 Million IPO
- After-Hours Stock Movers 03/04: (RNDY) (PEIX) (PCYC) Higher; (SMTC) (VNDA) (ECA) Lower (more...)
- ADP Employment Change 212K vs 219K Expected
- McDonald's (MCD) Food Quality Improvements Seen as Important Part of Turnaround
The following is a list of stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average (SMA) and are either above or below the metric. The 50-day is considered an indicator of a potential near-term trend formation.
Crossing and above:
Crossing and above:
- Ploycom (Nasdaq: PLCM) - up 8.5 percent. Had a few news releases out today with new product and technology announcements. Items included RealPresence Platform, VisualEdge Executive Desktop, and others.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: ARNA) - up 1.3 percent. Arena making a move above the moving average following positive news for VIVUS (Nasdaq: VVUA) Qsymia earlier.
- Monster Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: MWW) - up 10.4 percent. Shares have been volatile lately, with investors anticipating some sort of M&A announcement. The 50-day SMA is currently situated at $7.34.
- Cliffs Natural (NYSE: CLF) - up 5.8 percent. Popping on a rise in iron ore prices, as reported over the weekend. Prices increased 6 percent to $110.40 per ton in China, according to The Streel Index.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Orexigen (OREX) Released Data Without Approval of Trial Leaders - Forbes
- Orexigen Therapeutics (OREX) Price Target Raised to $26 at Piper
- Facebook (FB) said to be working on competitor to Twitter's (TWTR) MoPub - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesLayoffs, McAfee Intel Merger, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!