Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 09/14: (URRE) (KWK) (ADSK) Above; (STX) (BMY) Below
- Streetinsider.com After-Hours Movers 03/11: (OXGN) (PRMW) (PAY) Higher; (MX) (KTOS) (PLUG) Lower
- Men's Wearhouse (MW) to Acquire Jos. A. Bank (JOSB) for $65/Share Cash
- The End of Fannie (FNMA) and Freddie (FMCC)?
- Dick's Sporting Goods, Inc. (DKS) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS; Issues Mixed Q1, FY14 Outlook
The following is a list of stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average (SMA) and are either above or below the metric. The 50-day is considered an indicator of a potential near-term trend formation.
Crossing and above:
Crossing and above:
- Uranium Resources, Inc. (Nasdaq: URRE) - up 17.3 percent. Spiking today as tensions in the Middle East continue to escalate. Shares haven't held above the 50-day since March.
- Quicksilver Resources Inc. (NYSE: KWK) - up percent. Like other energy firms, Quicksilver looking for benefit from richer energy prices. Shares have ended positive the last six of seven sessions.
- Autodesk (Nasdaq: ADSK) - up 2.0 percent. Moving higher following Wedbush initiating coverage earlier with a Neutral rating and $36 price target, suggesting 10 percent of upside. Shares are on a three session winning-streak, four if the stock finishes positive today.
- Frontline Ltd. (NYSE: FRO) - up 5.5 percent. Moving right along with the shipping segment today. Once again, shares moving strong over the 50-day, which is situated at $3.74.
- Seagate Tech (Nasdaq: STX) - up 0.1 percent. Lower as peer Western Digital (Nasdaq: WDC) cut Q1 expectations earlier due to muted demand and inventory rebalancing.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (NYSE: BMY) - down 1.5 percent. Bristol saw pressure in early August on suspension of an ongoing Phase II study of BMS-986094. Shares recovered, but stayed below the 50-day mark.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Citron Says Plug Power (PLUG) Fair Value is 50 Cents
- FuelCell (FCEL), Other Alt-Energy Stocks Continue Monstrous Runs
- Cohen's SAC Capital to Take on New Name in April