Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 09/14: (URRE) (KWK) (ADSK) Above; (STX) (BMY) Below
- Wall St. edges higher on tech, housing boost
- Tesla (TSLA) Adds 100-kWh Battery Option Pack to Model S and Model X
- U.S. new home sales race to near nine-year high
- Chesapeake Energy (CHK) Director Buys 350K Shares
- After-Hours Stock Movers 08/23: (URRE) (LCI) (OSUR) Higher; (LZB) (DY) (INTU) Lower (more...)
The following is a list of stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average (SMA) and are either above or below the metric. The 50-day is considered an indicator of a potential near-term trend formation.
Crossing and above:
Crossing and above:
- Uranium Resources, Inc. (Nasdaq: URRE) - up 17.3 percent. Spiking today as tensions in the Middle East continue to escalate. Shares haven't held above the 50-day since March.
- Quicksilver Resources Inc. (NYSE: KWK) - up percent. Like other energy firms, Quicksilver looking for benefit from richer energy prices. Shares have ended positive the last six of seven sessions.
- Autodesk (Nasdaq: ADSK) - up 2.0 percent. Moving higher following Wedbush initiating coverage earlier with a Neutral rating and $36 price target, suggesting 10 percent of upside. Shares are on a three session winning-streak, four if the stock finishes positive today.
- Frontline Ltd. (NYSE: FRO) - up 5.5 percent. Moving right along with the shipping segment today. Once again, shares moving strong over the 50-day, which is situated at $3.74.
- Seagate Tech (Nasdaq: STX) - up 0.1 percent. Lower as peer Western Digital (Nasdaq: WDC) cut Q1 expectations earlier due to muted demand and inventory rebalancing.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (NYSE: BMY) - down 1.5 percent. Bristol saw pressure in early August on suspension of an ongoing Phase II study of BMS-986094. Shares recovered, but stayed below the 50-day mark.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Intuit (INTU) September 115 straddle priced for movement of 6.5% into Q4, puts active
- Homebuilders volatility flat as shares rally after Toll Brothers results, U.S. new home sales rise
- Daktronics (DAKT) Surges 25% Following Q1 'Beat'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDividend, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!