Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 09/13: (CLF) (GFI) (AMRN) Above; (LCC) (UAL) (NVDA) Below
The following is a list of stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average (SMA) and are either above or below the metric. The 50-day is considered an indicator of a potential near-term trend formation.
Crossing and above:
Crossing and above:
- Cliffs Natural Resources (NYSE: CLF) - up 7.8 percent. Nomura upgraded the stock from Neutral to Buy earlier. For more, click here.
- Gold Fields Ltd. (NYSE: GFI) - up 4.0 percent. Moving to the upside as FOMC might spell a gold mine for gold miners. Diltion of the dollar will make precious metals contracts cheaper, drawing interest from cautious investors.
- Amarin Corporation plc (Nasdaq: AMRN) - up 5.3 percent. The pharma may have canceled a presentation at the upcoming UBS conference, though nothing has been officially confirmed.
- Alcatel-Lucent (NYSE: ALU) - up 2.9 percent. Earlie in the week, Alcatel announced some executive restructuring and shares have ben ticking higher ever since. For more, click here.
- US Airways Group (NYSE: LCC) - down 4.2 percent. Continuing lower today following news Wednesday that American (OTCBB: AAMRQ) signed a capacity purchase agreement with SkyWest (Nasdaq: SKYW). For more on that deal, click here. Additionally, AMR Corp., the parent of American, was given approval from a U.S. bankruptcy judge to ease restriction on outsourcing of more flying in its attempt to exit bankruptcy.
- United Continental Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: UAL) - down 1.2 percent. Lower as rising crude costs on increased demand from a rebound in labor will clip margins as jet fuel becomes more expensive.
- NVIDIA Corporation (Nasdaq: NVDA) - up 0.4 percent. Citi lowered its price target on the chip maker from $16.50 down to $15.25, keeping a Neutral rating on the stock. Peers Marvell, Intel, and AMD weren't so lucky, with Citi downgrading the trio from Neutral to Sell earlier.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Genetic Technologies Ltd. (GENE) News Called 'Joke' By Former Analyst
- Delta Air Lines (DAL) Bull Bets on Nearly 50% Gain by Sept.
- Mobileye (MBLY) Volume Picks Up as IPO Lockup Expires; Shares Drift Lower
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesUBS, Citi, Federal Open Market Committee, Nomura, Crude Oil, Bankruptcy, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!