Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 09/07: (ACI) (LCC) (NAV) Above; (KFT) (MWW) (LUV) Below
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) to Acquire PMC-Sierra (PMCS) in $2B Deal
- Wall St. little changed; DuPont boosts Dow and S&P
- DuPont (DD) Breakup 'Highly Likely' Following CEO Exit, Says Deutsche Bank
- IMF cuts global growth forecasts again, cites commodity and China worries
- Freeport-McMoran (FCX) Cuts Board Size; Will Review Options for Oil and Gas Business
The following is a list of stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average (SMA) and are either above or below the metric. The 50-day is considered an indicator of a potential near-term trend formation.
Crossing and above:
Crossing and above:
- Arch Coal (NYSE: ACI) - up 9.8 percent. Popping amid China announces $158 billion in new infrastructure expansion spending. Atch is actually on a three-session winning streak as well today, moving off of levels that were near annual lows.
- US Airways (NYSE: LCC) - up 6.2 percent. US Airways higher on more AMR Corp. (OTCBB: AAMRQ) chatter today. Reports from the AP have an attorney representing creditors at AMR insisting that the airline strike a deal with pilots before emerging from bankruptcy. That was later interpreted to mean that AMR would be able to emerge without making a deal, giving leverage to the pilots.
The pilots, for their part, want a merger for AMR. Hence, things are looking brighter for US Air if the reports at to be believed.
- Navistar Int'l (NYSE: NAV) - up 3.7 percent. Following Thursday's earnings report, analysts were mixed today. Barclays, UBS, and Jefferies adjusted numbers today. For more color, click here.
- Calix Inc. (NYSE: CALX) - up 9.2 percent. Director Dona Listwin disclosed the purchase of 31,117 shares on September 5th, for an average weighted price of $5.182. For more, click here.
- Kraft Foods Inc. (Nasdaq: KFT) - down 5.9 percent. Dropping below the 50-day SMA after issuing a growth outlook earlier. The stock had previously been trading at annual highs before today's dip.
- Monster Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: MWW) - down 8.2 percent. Shares are volatile on Friday's session following lackluster nonfarm numbers, but a dip in unemployment as well. Monster was in positive territory most of the session,, slipping below the 50-day at $7.85 this afternoon.
- Southwest Airlines Co. (NYSE: LUV) - down 0.9 percent. Lower on August traffic results. YTD load factor is relatively flat compared with the same period last year.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Valeant Pharma (VRX) Refutes Short-Seller Allegations
- Brink's (BCO) Cuts FY15 EPS Outlook Ahead of Investor Day
- UPDATE: Pepsi (PEP) Tops Q3 EPS by 9c; Boosts FY15 FX-Neutral EPS Growth Outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesUBS, Jefferies & Co, Barclays, Dividend, Bankruptcy, Earnings, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!