Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 09/07: (ACI) (LCC) (NAV) Above; (KFT) (MWW) (LUV) Below
- Market Wrap: Couche-Tard to Acquire The Pantry; MetLife Deemed SIFI; New CEO at Kraft Foods; American Apparel Catches Bid
- Nike (NKE) Tops Q2 EPS by 4c; Adjusted Futures Orders Rose 11%
- MetLife (MET) Designated as Systemically Important Financial Institution; Issues Statement
- American Apparel (APP) Said to Get Takeover Offer at $1.30 - $1.40/Share - NYPost
- Red Hat (RHT) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c
The following is a list of stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average (SMA) and are either above or below the metric. The 50-day is considered an indicator of a potential near-term trend formation.
Crossing and above:
Crossing and above:
- Arch Coal (NYSE: ACI) - up 9.8 percent. Popping amid China announces $158 billion in new infrastructure expansion spending. Atch is actually on a three-session winning streak as well today, moving off of levels that were near annual lows.
- US Airways (NYSE: LCC) - up 6.2 percent. US Airways higher on more AMR Corp. (OTCBB: AAMRQ) chatter today. Reports from the AP have an attorney representing creditors at AMR insisting that the airline strike a deal with pilots before emerging from bankruptcy. That was later interpreted to mean that AMR would be able to emerge without making a deal, giving leverage to the pilots.
The pilots, for their part, want a merger for AMR. Hence, things are looking brighter for US Air if the reports at to be believed.
- Navistar Int'l (NYSE: NAV) - up 3.7 percent. Following Thursday's earnings report, analysts were mixed today. Barclays, UBS, and Jefferies adjusted numbers today. For more color, click here.
- Calix Inc. (NYSE: CALX) - up 9.2 percent. Director Dona Listwin disclosed the purchase of 31,117 shares on September 5th, for an average weighted price of $5.182. For more, click here.
- Kraft Foods Inc. (Nasdaq: KFT) - down 5.9 percent. Dropping below the 50-day SMA after issuing a growth outlook earlier. The stock had previously been trading at annual highs before today's dip.
- Monster Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: MWW) - down 8.2 percent. Shares are volatile on Friday's session following lackluster nonfarm numbers, but a dip in unemployment as well. Monster was in positive territory most of the session,, slipping below the 50-day at $7.85 this afternoon.
- Southwest Airlines Co. (NYSE: LUV) - down 0.9 percent. Lower on August traffic results. YTD load factor is relatively flat compared with the same period last year.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: American Realty Capital Properties (ARCP) Former Chairman Accused of Manipulating Results
- ACE Limited (ACE) to Acquire Fireman's Fund HNW Personal Lines Unit from Allianz in $365M Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/18: (ZAGG) (OVAS) (TTPH) (RAD) Higher; (MLHR) (KEX) (BRKR) Lower (more
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesUBS, Jefferies & Co, Barclays, Dividend, Bankruptcy, Earnings, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!