Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 09/06: (NOK) (MGM) (ATML) Above; (DCTH) (MKTX) (TFM) Below
- Market Wrap: GM's New Paradigm-Shifting CEO; Volcker Rule Passes Muster
- MasterCard (MA) Approves $3.5B Buyback; Announces 10-for-1 Split, 83% Dividend Increase
- After Hours Stock Movers 12/10: (SNI) (SWHC) (MA) Higher; (AVNR) (LH) (BBRY) Lower (more...)
- Stocks Buckle at the Knees on Growing Fear of a December Taper
- These 7 High Priced Stocks Should Follow MasterCard (MA) and Split Their Stocks Too...
The following is a list of stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average (SMA) and are either above or below the metric. The 50-day is considered an indicator of a potential near-term trend formation.
Crossing and above:
Crossing and above:
- Nokia Corp. (NYSE: NOK) - up 3.4 percent. After dropping 16 percent Wednesday, Nokia is back on it with a 3.5 percent rise above its 50-day today. Most of the ado (er...adon't) is about Windows Phone 8 and the lack of pizzazz that Nokia brought to the table with its latest Lumia line.
- MGM Int'l (NYSE: MGM) - up 5.9 percent. Making a solid move above above $10 mark after forming somewhat of a modified head-and-shoulders patern since the start of August.
- Atmel Corporation (Nasdaq: ATML) - up 7.5 percent. Chips looking well Thursday, with Atmel up above the 50-day and $6 level today. The technical provided a little resistance over the last several sessions, though Atmel bottomed following its latest quarterly report on July 31st.
- Owens-Illinois, Inc. (NYSE: OI) - up 8.8 percent. Moving markedly higher on CFO comments today following the McLean County ruling issued Tuesday.
- Delcath Systems (Nasdaq: DCTH) - down 7.4 percent. Heads-up on Delcath. The stock has been previously supported by the 50-day, so the sharp drop below the level might be a key indicator.
- MarketAxess Holdings Inc. (Nasdaq: MKTX) - down 10.7 percent. . MarketAxess announced total monthly trading volume for August 2012 of $44.4 billion, consisting of $27.7 billion in U.S. high-grade volume, $1.6 billion in eurobond volume, and $15.2 billion in other volume. The stock showed a dramatic drop following the release.
- The Fresh Market (NYSE: TFM) - down 4.1 percent. Filed its 10-Q earlier today, giving investors better insight into how the quarter went.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Starbucks (SBUX) Opens Sharply Lower; ITG Sees Slowing Momentum
- ProfNet Experts Available on New Year's Resolutions, Nelson Mandela, More
- FDIC board adopts Volcker rule ban on banks' proprietary trades
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesEarnings, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!