Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 08/28: (LXK) (BIDU) (P) Above; (ARNA) (FSL) (JOY) Below
- Market Wrap: GM's New Paradigm-Shifting CEO; Volcker Rule Passes Muster
- MasterCard (MA) Approves $3.5B Buyback; Announces 10-for-1 Split, 83% Dividend Increase
- After Hours Stock Movers 12/10: (SNI) (SWHC) (MA) Higher; (AVNR) (LH) (BBRY) Lower (more...)
- Stocks Buckle at the Knees on Growing Fear of a December Taper
- These 7 High Priced Stocks Should Follow MasterCard (MA) and Split Their Stocks Too...
The following is a list of stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average (SMA) and are either above or below the metric. The 50-day is considered an indicator of a potential near-term trend formation.
Crossing and above:
Crossing and above:
- Lexmark (NYSE: LXK) - up 15.4 percent. Popping after announcing a restructuring plan earlier. The plan includes exiting of the development and manufacturing of the company's remaining inkjet hardware. Lexmark also plans a $100 million buyback in the fourth quarter.
- Baidu, Inc. (Nasdaq: BIDU) - up 2.8 percent. Moving higher as peer Qihoo 360 (NYSE: QIHU) is reportedly losing search traffic.
- Pandora Media (NYSE: P) - up 1.7 percent. Shares higher into Q213 EPS results on Wednesday. Click here for a preview.
Closing higher would be the fifth time in six sessions for Pandora.
- Xerox Corp. (NYSE: XRX) - up 0.8 percent. Higher on peer Lexmark's news Tuesday. Xerox shares are well off lows below $6.50 hit at the end of July.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: ARNA) - down percent. Butting up against he 50-day SMA, which is currently situated at $9.33. Arena saw the same kind of action on Monday's session.
- Freescale Semi (NYSE: FSL) - down 4.3 percent. UBS started coverage with a Neutral rating and $11.75 target.
- Joy Global, Inc. (NYSE: JOY) - down 2.1 percent. Looking at a five-session losing streak into third-quarter results, expected out early Wednesday. Click here for more.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Starbucks (SBUX) Opens Sharply Lower; ITG Sees Slowing Momentum
- SodaStream (SODA) Pops Higher
- Herbalife (HLF) Tells Ackman Investors: Get Out While You Can!