Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 08/28: (LXK) (BIDU) (P) Above; (ARNA) (FSL) (JOY) Below
- Market Wrap: Broadcom, Avago in M&A Speculation; Kors' 'Unfashionable' Q4, Outlook; McDonald's to Trim-Back Data
- Broadcom (BRCM) in Advanced Talks with Avago Tech (AVGO) - DJ
- After-Hours Stock Movers 05/27: (RALY) (PLKI) Higher; (NBS) (TLYS) (OCN) Lower (more...)
- CA Technologies (CA) to Acquire Rally Software (RALY) in ~$480M Deal
- Palo Alto Networks (PANW) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c; Announces Acquisition of CirroSecure
The following is a list of stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average (SMA) and are either above or below the metric. The 50-day is considered an indicator of a potential near-term trend formation.
Crossing and above:
Crossing and above:
- Lexmark (NYSE: LXK) - up 15.4 percent. Popping after announcing a restructuring plan earlier. The plan includes exiting of the development and manufacturing of the company's remaining inkjet hardware. Lexmark also plans a $100 million buyback in the fourth quarter.
- Baidu, Inc. (Nasdaq: BIDU) - up 2.8 percent. Moving higher as peer Qihoo 360 (NYSE: QIHU) is reportedly losing search traffic.
- Pandora Media (NYSE: P) - up 1.7 percent. Shares higher into Q213 EPS results on Wednesday. Click here for a preview.
Closing higher would be the fifth time in six sessions for Pandora.
- Xerox Corp. (NYSE: XRX) - up 0.8 percent. Higher on peer Lexmark's news Tuesday. Xerox shares are well off lows below $6.50 hit at the end of July.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: ARNA) - down percent. Butting up against he 50-day SMA, which is currently situated at $9.33. Arena saw the same kind of action on Monday's session.
- Freescale Semi (NYSE: FSL) - down 4.3 percent. UBS started coverage with a Neutral rating and $11.75 target.
- Joy Global, Inc. (NYSE: JOY) - down 2.1 percent. Looking at a five-session losing streak into third-quarter results, expected out early Wednesday. Click here for more.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Vipshop Holdings (VIPS) Active as GeoInvesting Comes Out Positive on the Stock
- Cellectis (CLLS) Surges as Analyst Says Competitor Collaboration Confirms Move to CLLS-Like Allogeneic CAR-T
- Emerald Oil (EOX) Ramps Following Cancelled Stock Offering, Delaware Basin Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!