Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 08/28: (LXK) (BIDU) (P) Above; (ARNA) (FSL) (JOY) Below
- Top 10 News for 7/27 - 7/31: Teva Makes it Official with Allergan; China Stock Slide Continues; Revised Q2 GDP Misses Mark
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Posts Q2 EPS of $1.00
- TerraForm Global (GLBL) IPO Opens at $14
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 7/31: (YRCW) (MGI) (HTCH) Higher; (EYEG) (RADA) (OCN) Lower
- UPS (UPS) to Acquire Coyote Logistics in $1.8B Deal
The following is a list of stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average (SMA) and are either above or below the metric. The 50-day is considered an indicator of a potential near-term trend formation.
Crossing and above:
Crossing and above:
- Lexmark (NYSE: LXK) - up 15.4 percent. Popping after announcing a restructuring plan earlier. The plan includes exiting of the development and manufacturing of the company's remaining inkjet hardware. Lexmark also plans a $100 million buyback in the fourth quarter.
- Baidu, Inc. (Nasdaq: BIDU) - up 2.8 percent. Moving higher as peer Qihoo 360 (NYSE: QIHU) is reportedly losing search traffic.
- Pandora Media (NYSE: P) - up 1.7 percent. Shares higher into Q213 EPS results on Wednesday. Click here for a preview.
Closing higher would be the fifth time in six sessions for Pandora.
- Xerox Corp. (NYSE: XRX) - up 0.8 percent. Higher on peer Lexmark's news Tuesday. Xerox shares are well off lows below $6.50 hit at the end of July.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: ARNA) - down percent. Butting up against he 50-day SMA, which is currently situated at $9.33. Arena saw the same kind of action on Monday's session.
- Freescale Semi (NYSE: FSL) - down 4.3 percent. UBS started coverage with a Neutral rating and $11.75 target.
- Joy Global, Inc. (NYSE: JOY) - down 2.1 percent. Looking at a five-session losing streak into third-quarter results, expected out early Wednesday. Click here for more.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: McDonald's (MCD) Hits Session Highs, Breaks $100
- Esperion Therapeutics (ESPR) Continues Lower Amid Investor Presentation
- Kerrisdale to Highlight 'Compelling Short' in 50-Page Report on Monday
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!