Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 08/28: (LXK) (BIDU) (P) Above; (ARNA) (FSL) (JOY) Below
- Top 10 News for 8/25 - 8/29: S&P 500's New Record; U.S. Q2 GDP Outpaces Views; Major Mergers Aplenty
- Pressure on U.S. to Update Terror Alert System After U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level
- American Airlines Group (AAL)/Orbitz Worldwide (OWW) Reach Agreement; American Airlines Back on Orbitz Sites
- FTC Requests Additional Info from Reynolds American (RAI), Lorillard (LO) on Pending Deal
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Warns Lofty CEO Expectations May Not Be Attainable
The following is a list of stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average (SMA) and are either above or below the metric. The 50-day is considered an indicator of a potential near-term trend formation.
Crossing and above:
Crossing and above:
- Lexmark (NYSE: LXK) - up 15.4 percent. Popping after announcing a restructuring plan earlier. The plan includes exiting of the development and manufacturing of the company's remaining inkjet hardware. Lexmark also plans a $100 million buyback in the fourth quarter.
- Baidu, Inc. (Nasdaq: BIDU) - up 2.8 percent. Moving higher as peer Qihoo 360 (NYSE: QIHU) is reportedly losing search traffic.
- Pandora Media (NYSE: P) - up 1.7 percent. Shares higher into Q213 EPS results on Wednesday. Click here for a preview.
Closing higher would be the fifth time in six sessions for Pandora.
- Xerox Corp. (NYSE: XRX) - up 0.8 percent. Higher on peer Lexmark's news Tuesday. Xerox shares are well off lows below $6.50 hit at the end of July.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: ARNA) - down percent. Butting up against he 50-day SMA, which is currently situated at $9.33. Arena saw the same kind of action on Monday's session.
- Freescale Semi (NYSE: FSL) - down 4.3 percent. UBS started coverage with a Neutral rating and $11.75 target.
- Joy Global, Inc. (NYSE: JOY) - down 2.1 percent. Looking at a five-session losing streak into third-quarter results, expected out early Wednesday. Click here for more.
You May Also Be Interested In
- United Therapeutics (UTHR) Gains After Judge Rules Remodulin Patents are Not Invalid
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Adds to Gains on Police Body-Worn Camera Potential
- Traders Eye GT Advanced Technologies (GTAT) into Long Holiday Weekend
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!