Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 07/30: (CAG) (XCO) (LUV) Above; (AMRN) (FSLR) (LOW) Below
The following is a list of stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average (SMA) and are either above or below the metric. The 50-day is considered an indicator of a potential near-term trend formation.
Crossing and above:
Crossing and above:
- ConAgra Foods (NYSE: CAG) - up 1.7 percent. Entered into an agreement to acquire the frozen meals business of Unilever (NYSE: UL) for $265 million. For more color on the deal, click here.
- EXCO Resources (NYSE: XCO) - up 4.0 percent. Has been flat recently, but recent moves higher in nat gas prices (today at $3.20/mmBtu on nuclear power outages) is nothing but good for the oil and gas driller.
- Southwest Airlines (NYSE: LUV) - up 2.6 percent. Holding firm as it moves through the $9 level Monday. Could be getting a little extra boost on lower crude prices, which should lead to lower fuel costs all around for airlines (though others are mixed Monday). Shares were also hit hard on July 19th following Southwest's second-quarter earnings report.
- GNC Holdings Inc. (NYSE: GNC) - up 2.7 percent. Saw some pressure following second-quarter results issued last Thursday. Could be seeing a little extra action into peer Herbalife's (NYSE: HLF) results, expected out after the close Monday.
- Amarin (Nasdaq: AMRN) - down 6.7 percent. Amarin has been pressured after getting FDA approval for Vascepa (icosapent ethyl) capsules last Thursday. Shares are over 17 percent lower the last two sessions.
- First Solar, Inc. (Nasdaq: FSLR) - down 1.8 percent. Seeing pressure from YGE) cutting Q2 shipment expectations. First Solar will be reporting second-quarter results on August 1st.
- Lowe's Companies (NYSE: LOW) - down 0.7 percent. Appears to be pulling back after positing several consecutive sessions of two wins-to-one loss. Investors are setting up for heavy data this week, including construction spending and the FOMC rate decision on Wednesday, as well as nonfarm payroll numbers Friday.
- Loews Corp. (NYSE: L) - down 5.1 percent. Lower after missing second-quarter EPS expectations by 23 cents. Prior to today, Loews shares were stuck in a range of $40 to $41.50. The stock could see some support with the 200-day SMA, which is at $39.05 currently.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bass' Hayman Capital Said to Take GM (GM) Stake
- Immunomedics (IMMU) receives FDA orphan drug status for SCLC treatment - Bloomberg
- UPDATE: Herbalife Ltd. (HLF) Stock Jumps Higher
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesConstruction Spending, Federal Open Market Committee, Crude Oil, Layoffs, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!