Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 07/27: (ACI) (LNG) (CAT) Above; (DG) (CROX) (ANH) Below
- PPI Falls 0.1% in Nov., Reflecting Lower Food, Energy Costs
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/13: (CNDO) (PTIX) (TXI) Higher; (INSY) (APC) (RH) Lower (more...)
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Promotes Steve Mollenkopf to CEO
- Sands (LVS) Scraps $30B Spanish Project as Negotiations Fall Apart
- Adobe Systems (ADBE) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Issues Light FY14 Guidance; Updates Growth Targets
The following is a list of stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average (SMA) and are either above or below the metric. The 50-day is considered an indicator of a potential near-term trend formation.
Crossing and above:
Crossing and above:
- Arch Coal Inc. (NYSE: ACI) - up 30.4 percent. Ripping today after beating Street loss expectations with its second-quarter report. Shares crossed above the 20-day SMA as well.
- Cheniere Energy, Inc. (AMEX: LNG) - up 6.2 percent. Cheniere has been flat over the last two months, with shares trading between $12 and $16 as nat gas prices struggled to regain some ground. Trading has been so flat that the 20-, 50-, and 100-day averages are within striking distance of each other.
- Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE: CAT) - up 3.6 percent. Popping above the mark after not being over the 50-day since March. Caterpillar has been on a three session win streak since reporting second-quarter results on July 25th.
- Activision Blizzard, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) - up 1.2 percent. Got a bit of a boost from Glu Mobile on Thursday following Glu's DG) - down 0.6 percent. Not too much going on here, but ever since hitting the 50-day on July 25th, Dollar General has closed lower each subsequent day. The improving economy shouldn't be good for discount retailers and grocers, with consumers itching to trade up.
- Crocs, Inc. (Nasdaq: CROX) - down 2.5 percent. Crocs making a pullback following a 16.9 percent run Thursday on strong Q2 numbers.
- Anworth Mortgage Asset Corporation (NYSE: ANH) - down 1.6 percent. Missed Q2 expectations by two cents Thursday night. Shares are down, but have been stuck above $6.60 for a few months.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Google (GOOG) Mulls Designing Own Server Chips (INTC) (ARMH)
- Sirius (SIRI) Sees Strong Buying Pressure
- Facebook Set to Join the S&P 100 & 500
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!