Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 07/24: (EMC) (BIDU) (PCAR) Above; (T) (BEAV) (DNDN) Below
- Market Wrap: GM Unloads Peugeot; lululemon Sags on Thin Outlook; Hilton is Open for Trading
- After Hours Stock Movers 12/12: (CNDO) (TXI) (ADBE) Higher; (APC) (RH) (XOMA) Lower (more...)
- Adobe Systems (ADBE) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Issues Light FY14 Guidance; Updates Growth Targets
- Microsoft (MSFT) Said to Consider Qualcomm's Steve Mollenkopf for CEO
- Fidelity, Silicon Valley VCs Want You to Open Your Wallet to Bitcoin
The following is a list of stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average (SMA) and are either above or below the metric. The 50-day is considered an indicator of a potential near-term trend formation.
Crossing and above:
Crossing and above:
- EMC Corp. (NYSE: EMC) - up 1.8 percent. Higher after reporting in-line EPS of 39 cents. Revs of $5.31 billion were better than expectations.
- Baidu, Inc. (Nasdaq: BIDU) - up 9.3 percent. Strong like bull following impressive second-quarter 2012 results after the market closed Monday. Sales rose 60 percent while profit improved 70 percent.
- PACCAR, Inc (Nasdaq: PCAR) - up 1.6 percent. Popping higher, also on strong Q2 results.
- DigitalGlobe (NYSE: DGI) - up 5.3 percent. Up about 11.5 percent after announcing it would acquire peer GeoEye (Nasdaq: GEOY) on Monday morning. The deal is valued at about $900 million.
- ACADIA Pharma (Nasdaq: ACAD) - up 2.6 percent. Showing upside following a patent update from the USPTO. Shares also crossed the 10-day at one point today, which is currently set at $1.63.
- AT&T (NYSE: T) - down 2.9 percent. Moving lower following second quarter results, as some believe iPhone sales came in below expectations. AT&T sold 3.7 million iPhones in the quarter.
- BE Aerospace, Inc. (Nasdaq: BEAV) - down 4.6 percent. Lower today as BE edged-out Q2 EPS views by 1 cent, but ended up keeping guidance flat. Shares were down over 11 percent at one point, well below the 50-day SMA.
- Dendreon Corp. (Nasdaq: DNDN) - up 4.8 percent. Dendreon saw a pop earlier in the session, moving nearly 16 percent higher and getting above the 50-day level. Shares have since receded, with shares below the 50-day, which is currently at $7.05.
- Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) - down 3.2 percent. ITW getting hit following strong Q2 results, but trimmed outlook for fiscal 2012 earnings. Shares may stay in the $50 - $55 range as investors work out the numbers.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Google (GOOG) Mulls Designing Own Server Chips (INTC) (ARMH)
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/06: (MBLX) (VIFL) (BLDP) Higher; (RALY) (ULTA) (SEAC) Lower
- UPDATE: BlackBerry (BBRY) Ramps into Close, Losses Turn to Gains
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!