Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 07/20: (NTAP) (ALGN) (GDI) Above; (FSL) (PBCT) (ACTG) Below
- Market Wrap: GM's New Paradigm-Shifting CEO; Volcker Rule Passes Muster
- MasterCard (MA) Approves $3.5B Buyback; Announces 10-for-1 Split, 83% Dividend Increase
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Misses Q1 EPS by 7c; adj.-Comps Up 5%
- After Hours Stock Movers 12/10: (SNI) (SWHC) (MA) Higher; (AVNR) (LH) (BBRY) Lower (more...)
- Stocks Buckle at the Knees on Growing Fear of a December Taper
The following is a list of stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average (SMA) and are either above or below the metric. The 50-day is considered an indicator of a potential near-term trend formation.
Crossing and above:
Crossing and above:
- NetApp Inc. (Nasdaq: NTAP) - up 1.1 percent. Powering through the $31 level over the past three sessions following a positive outlook issued by peer EMC (NYSE: EMC).
Having last reported its own quarterly results, NetApp isn't expected to release first-quarter results until mid-August, but traders might keep an eye on VMWare (NYSE: VMW), which will be reporting Q212 numbers on Monday.
- Align Technology (Nasdaq: ALGN) - up 6.2 percent. Align higher following strong second quarter results, though its outlook was tepid. Of note, shares were being supported by the 50-day before crossing below the mark recently.
- Gardner Denver, Inc. (NYSE: GDI) - up 8.2 percent. Another earnings mover here, shares are moving above the 50-day on stronger volume. Unlike Align Technology above, Gardner Denver found the 50-day as a resistance point since the start of 2012..
- Hercules Offshore, Inc. (Nasdaq: HERO) - up 2.7 percent. Moving higher from positive second quarter results from peer Baker Hughes (NYSE: BHI) earlier. This is the first time Baker has been above the 50-day since early May 2012.
- Freescale Semiconductor (NYSE: FSL) - down 6.0 percent. Reported strong Q2 numbers, but revenue guidance for the third quarter came up short.
- People's United Financial, Inc. (Nasdaq: PBCT) - down 3.9 percent. Reported in-line second-quarter EPS of 19 cents after the market close Thursday. Downgraded at Keefe, Bruyette & Woods from Outperform to Market Perform today.
Shares were just starting to show some life in July, crossing above the 50-day earlier in the month.
- Acacia Research (Nasdaq: ACTG) - down 14.7 percent. Slammed despite reporting better-than-expected second-quarter EPS of 43 cents on revs of $50.48 million, versus expectations calling for EPS of 21 cents on sales of $41.8 million.
- US Airways Group, Inc. (NYSE: LCC) - down 4.3 percent. Has been trading lower since AMR Corp. (OTCBB: AAMRQ) reported second-quarter results on Wednesday. The stronger numbers might lead to either no takeover by US Airways, or a tougher one if things start improving for AMR Corp.
You May Also Be Interested In
- ProfNet Experts Available on New Year's Resolutions, Nelson Mandela, More
- Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 12/06: (PLUG) (AUXL) (CONN) High; (RAX) (AGNC) Low
- Triple-S (GTS) May Not Meet FY13 EPS Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports
Related EntitiesKeefe, Bruyette & Woods, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!