Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 07/19: (OCZ) (FIO) (DRYS) Above; (BAC) (CVS) (UNH) Below
- Top 10 News for 1/20 - 1/23: ECB Plans Stimulus Measures; Netflix Ramps on Results; Icahn, eBay to Forge New Path
- Box, Inc. (BOX) IPO Opens Up 44%
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c
- McDonald's (MCD) Posts Q4 adj.-EPS of $1.26; Comps Fell 0.9%
- Ford Motor (F) Sees One-Time Q4 Charge of $800M on Venezuelan Bolivar Accounting
The following is a list of stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average (SMA) and are either above or below the metric. The 50-day is considered an indicator of a potential near-term trend formation.
Crossing and above:
Crossing and above:
- OCZ Technology Group, Inc. (OCZ) - up 22.8 percent. Popping higher amid market chatter that Seagate Technology (Nasdaq: STX) might make a bid. Shares last dropped below the 50-day on July 10th.
- International Business Machines (NYSE: IBM) - up 3.7 percent. IBM popping higher today following second-quarter results, issued after the market closed on Wednesday. Profit in the quarter was $3.51 per share, besting views. Guidance called for EPS above $15.10, versus consensus views of $15.06.
- DryShips (Nasdaq: DRYS) - up 4.7 percent. DryShips appeared to have made a move following headlines of German support for the Spanish bank bailout.
- Sherwin-Williams (NYSE: SHW) - up 3.3 percent. Moving higher following second-quarter results, with EPS of $2.17 beating views. Outlook for FY12 EPS of $6.20 - $6.40 is to the strong-side of the $6.27 consensus.
- Fusion-io, Inc. (NYSE: FIO) - up 6.1 percent. Could be seeing a pop on takeover chatter for peer OCZ. Shares last crossed above the 50-day on July 5th, failing to hold above the level.
- Bank of America Corp. (NYSE: BAC) - down 3.9 percent. BofA shares dropped Wednesday amid its second quarter numbers. Shares were pressured today around the 50-day SMA.
- CVS Caremark (NYSE: CVS) - down 5.7 percent. CVS lower following Walgreens (NYSE: WAG) and Express Scripts (Nasdaq: ESRX) hammering out a new pharmacy network deal earlier. CVS issued comments shortly thereafter.
- UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH) - down 2.7 percent. UnitedHealth giving a shimmy, then a shake, following second quarter results and improved outlook issued earlier. Shares had been trading in a tight range prior to today and post-Obamacare ruling by the Supreme Court in late June.
- The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (NYSE: GS) - down 1.6 percent. Goldman following financials lower after crossing above the 50-day on Tuesday. Trader might want to watch this stock, with shares butting up against the 50-day on July 3rd and 5th, though volume was lower both days due to the holiday week.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocwen Financial (OCN) Affiliate Said to Default on Debt (HLSS)
- Highly Speculative Chatter Lifts FXCM (FXCM)
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Starts Ametek Inc. (AME) at Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesBank of America
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!