Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 07/12: (PFE) (SAP) (APC) Above; (XRX) (WFR) (WYN) Below
- Wall St. edges higher on tech, housing boost
- Tesla (TSLA) Adds 100-kWh Battery Option Pack to Model S and Model X
- U.S. new home sales race to near nine-year high
- Chesapeake Energy (CHK) Director Buys 350K Shares
- After-Hours Stock Movers 08/23: (URRE) (LCI) (OSUR) Higher; (LZB) (DY) (INTU) Lower (more...)
The following is a list of stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average (SMA) and are either above or below the metric. The 50-day is considered an indicator of a potential near-term trend formation.
Crossing and above:
Crossing and above:
- Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) - up 1.7 percent. Pfizer has been caught in the $22 to $23 range as of late. The pharma did get some positive news Wednesday from its Shionogi-ViiV Healthcare LL joint venture, but not enough to spur a move.
- SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) - up 3.6 percent. Reported its "best ever" second-quarter profit earlier. For more color, click here.
- Anadarko Petroleum Corp. (NYSE: APC) - up 2.5 percent. Higher on chatter it might be in settlement talks with Tronox Trust. The 50-day has been showing signs of supporting the stock movement recently.
- Pandora Media, Inc. (NYSE: P) - up 6.0 percent. Might be a technical move as share cross above both the 50- and 100-day averages. There was some news on rival Sirius (Nasdaq: SIRI) and its battle with Liberty Media (Nasdaq: LMCA) earlier.
- Fastenal (Nasdaq: FAST - up 6.8 percent. Could be breaking a downtrend after second-quarter EPS beat views by a penny.
- Xerox Corp. (NYSE: XRX) - down percent. Volatile today crossing the mark. Xerox announced the acquisition of wireless telecommunication firm WDS on Wednesday.
- MEMC Electronic Materials Inc. (NYSE: WFR) - down 4.4 percent. MEMC has been having a rough couple of sessions over the past week, but today marks the first time shares have crossed and stayed below the 50-day since moving above the level at the end of June.
- Wyndham Worldwide Corp. (NYSE: WYN) - down 3.2 percent. Wyndham has been lower over the past couple of sessions following some weakness in the broader markets. Investors shouldn't be disappointed, with shares up about 35 percent on the year and well above annual lows in the mid-$20 range hit last year in August.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Best Buy (BBY) Tops Q2 EPS by 14c; Comps Outpace
- Needham & Company Raises price Target on Daktronics (DAKT) to $9.50 Following Solid 1Q
- Intuit (INTU) Tops Q4 EPS by 10c; Guides Q1 EPS, Revenue Below Views
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!