Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 07/11: (RF) (MU) (DAL) Above; (WM) (QCOR) (DF) Below
The following is a list of stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average (SMA) and are either above or below the metric. The 50-day is considered an indicator of a potential near-term trend formation.
Crossing and above:
Crossing and above:
- Regions Financial (NYSE: RF) - up 2.5 percent. Got a nod from Goldman earlier, with the firm saying it sees potential upside to Regions into second-quarter numbers. For more color, click here.
Regions looks like its getting some support from the 100-day as well, currently situated at $6.32.
- Micron Technology (Nasdaq: MU) - up 0.1 percent. Having a rough session following first-quarter numbers from peer OCZ Technology (Nasdaq: OCZ) and Tuesday's warnings from Applied Micro (Nasdaq: AMAT).
- Delta Air Lines Inc. (NYSE: DAL) - up 3.5 percent. Delta seeing some upside as peer AMR Corp. (OTCBB: AAMRQ), partent of American Airlines, said it would explore alternatives to enhance shareholder value.
- International Paper (NYSE: IP) - up 3.6 percent. Might also be seeing some upside from the Goldman report, which had the firm getting bullish on Weyerhaeuser (NYSE: WY). Has also been below the 50-day since the start of April, may be poised for a breakout. Earnings are expected on July 26th.
- Suncor Energy Inc. (NYSE: SU) - up 2.4 percent. Also highlighted in the Goldman note. Shares have been tepid as of late, with energy prices fluctuating on fluctuating demand expectations.
- Waste Management, Inc. (NYSE: WM) - down 5.1 percent. Morgan Stanley downgraded the stock from Equalweight to Underweight.
- Questcor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: QCOR) - down 6.4 percent. Questcor is aiming to recover following a negative blog post Tuesday. Shares are over 25 percent lower the last two days.
- Guess? Inc. (NYSE: GES) - down 6.7 percent. Lower following British retailer Burberry's first-quarter numbers, issued earlier. Many in the clothing sector are seeing pressure on the results. For more, click here.
- Dean Foods Co. (NYSE: DF) - down 6.2 percent. Could be moving as soybean production is lower and it could see higher prices for feed due to higher corn prices.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 07/28: (GRPN) (N) (ALR) (FB) Higher; (INFN) (ARGS) (RCII) (F) Lower (more...)
- Boise Cascade (BCC) Tops Q2 EPS by 11c
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Northrop Grumman (NOC) to $250 Following 2Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesMorgan Stanley, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!