Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 07/09: (BAC) (CNC) (APC) Above; (MSFT) (AONE) (CEDC) Below
- OPEC Maintains Oil Production Target
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 11/28: (OPRN) (VRNG) (VGGL) Higher; (EXXI) (GDP) (LPI) Lower
- Oil Stocks Hammered as OPEC Maintains Production Target, Airlines Gain (XOM) (BP) (LUV) (HAL)
- Apple (AAPL) Weaker as iPhone Chip Orders Said to Be Slowing Down
- Thanksgiving Online Sales Up 20.1%, ChannelAdvisor Says (AMZN) (EBAY)
The following is a list of stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average (SMA) and are either above or below the metric. The 50-day is considered an indicator of a potential near-term trend formation.
Crossing and above:
Crossing and above:
- Bank of America (NYSE: BAC) - down 0.7 percent. BofA, along with other financials, has been on an up-and-down ride since Greek elections in May as disclosure of a large loss by JPMorgan (NYSE: JPM). Shares have been trading within a $7.50 to $8 range over the last month.
- Centene Corp. (NYSE: CNC) - up 19.6 percent. Centene making a strong move higher following the Wellpoint (NYSE: WLP)/Amerigroup (NYSE: AGP) deal. Having been pressured since earnings in April and the healthcare bill last month, the stocks jump puts it above the 50-day today.
- Anadarko Petroleum Corp. (NYSE: APC) - up 0.8 percent. Anadarko getting a little boost from a positive Barron's article over the weekend. Notably, shares have been flirting with the 50-day over the last couple session, indicating some complacency with the $65 level.
- LinkedIn Corp. (NYSE: LNKD) - down 5.2 percent. Dipping lower Monday following word that Facebook (Nasdaq: FB) would be launching a job board later this year.
- MasterCard (NYSE: MA) - down 3.5 percent. UBS added some pressure to MasterCard on Monday, downgrading the stock from Neutral to Sell. The move is causing MasterCard to break out of a largely upward trend.
- Microsoft Corp. (Nasdaq: MSFT) - down 1.1 percent. Microsoft is lower amid announcing the acquisition of Perceptive Pixel and setting an October 2012 date for the release of Windows 8 at its Digital Worldwide Developers Conference today.
- Central European Distribution (Nasdaq: CEDC) - down 25.2 percent. Earlier, Central European Distribution entered an amended agreement with Russian Standard Corp for an expanded alliance.
Shares popped, but have settled below the 50-day SMA.
- A123 Systems (Nasdaq: AONE) - down 8.6 percent. A123 moving lower again after announcing it had entered into a 7.7 million common stock direct offering at $1.30 per share last Friday, causing the stock to drop about 10.8 percent.
- Kinross Gold Corp. (NYSE: KGC) - down 1.1 percent. Along with broader metals pressure today, Deutsche Bank cut its price target on Kinross from $16.50 down to $14.50. Shares have been moving between the $8 and $9 level since early May.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Piper Jaffray Sees Strong Holiday Sales for GoPro (GPRO) and Upside to Guidance
- Market Wrap: GDP Stronger than Expected in Q3; Falcone Departing Harbinger; House Prices Flat in Sept.
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the Day 11/26: (SWHC) (ORAN)/(BT)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, UBS, JPMorgan, Bank of America, Barron's, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!