Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 03/08: (GRPN) (ANN) (WPRT) Above; (TSM) (FNSR) (GEVO) Below
- Top 10 News for 5/18 - 5/22: Fed Rate Hike Pushed Back; Icahn Calls for More Apple Buybacks; Big Banks Settle FX Probe
- Yellen Says Rate Hike at Some Point This Year 'Appropriate'
- Deere & Co. (DE) Posts Q2 EPS of $2.03; Lowers Equipment Sales Outlook for FY15
- Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) Tops Q2 EPS by 1c; Guides Q3 EPS to Low-Side of Expectations
- Foot Locker (FL) Tops Q1 EPS by 7c
Crossing and above:
- Groupon (Nasdaq: GRPN) - up 3.6 percent. Up today amid chatter that Yahoo! (Nasdaq: YHOO) might be looking to do two large acquisitions as well as half-a-dozen smaller ones. Peer Yelp (NYSE: YELP) is also higher today on the news.
- ANN, Inc. (NYSE: ANN) - up 7.6 percent. ANN topped Q4 EPS views by 5 cents while comps fell 0.7% in the quarter. The retailer guided to FY13 revs of $2.565 billion, versus the consensus of $2.51 billion.
- Westport Innovations, Inc. (Nasdaq: WPRT) - up 2.6 percent. Westport posted a Q4 loss 23 cents wider than views.
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Ltd. (NYSE: TSM) - down 0.6 percent. TSMI reported a 21.5 percent rise in February revs year-over-year, though sales slipped 13.2 percent from January 2013.
- Finisar Corp (Nasdaq: FNSR) - down 8.7 percent. Amid a mixed Q3 report, Finisar Q4 EPS expectations came right in-line with views. Investors were expecting more out of this report.
- Gevo, Inc. (Nasdaq: GEVO) - down 5.7 percent. Gevo had a nice run above $2 following Q4 results earlier in the week, but the stock is trickling back lower into the weekend. On Tuesday night, Gevo reported a narrower than expected Q4 loss of 34 cents, while revs slipped from $17.2 million down to $1.9 million.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BlackBerry (BBRY) Ticks Higher Early Following New Common Stock Buyback Announcement
- Sophiris Bio (SPHS) Shares Advance
- Shake Shack (SHAK) Continues Post-Q1 Run Higher
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesStocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!