Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 03/06: (ARCP) (TIBX) (AMRN) Above; (SPLS) (AEO) (HOV) Below
- Top 10 News for 8/25 - 8/29: S&P 500's New Record; U.S. Q2 GDP Outpaces Views; Major Mergers Aplenty
- Pressure on U.S. to Update Terror Alert System After U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level
- American Airlines Group (AAL)/Orbitz Worldwide (OWW) Reach Agreement; American Airlines Back on Orbitz Sites
- FTC Requests Additional Info from Reynolds American (RAI), Lorillard (LO) on Pending Deal
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Warns Lofty CEO Expectations May Not Be Attainable
Crossing and above:
- American Realty Capital Properties (Nasdaq: ARCP) - up 4.4 percent. American Realty Capital continues higher after reporting Q4 results on February 28. The company reported FFO of 28 cents per share, topping views by 5 cents per share.
- Tibco Software, Inc. (Nasdaq: TIBX) - up 10.7 percent. Moving higher as BofA/Merrill Lynch upgraded the stock from Neutral to Buy.
- Amarin Corporation plc (Nasdaq: AMRN) - up 7.7 percent. Amarin moving higher on a bullish blog post today. For more color, click here.
- Talisman Energy, Inc. (NYSE: TLM) - up 0.4 percent. Moving slightly to the upside after being trapped in a $12 to $13 channel the last few sessions after an update to FY13 expectations. For more color, click here.
- Staples, Inc. (Nasdaq: SPLS) - down 8.5 percent. Amid topping Q4 expectations, Staples guided FY13 EPS below views. For more on the results, click here.
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (NYSE: AEO) - down 10.7 percent. American Eagle dropping after missing Q4 EPS views and guiding Q1 below expectations. Comps rose 4 percent in the quarter. Click here for more color.
- Hovnanian Enterprises Inc. (NYSE: HOV) - down 4.1 percent. Dipping today despite reporting a narrower than expected quarterly loss. Metrics all around improved, including cancellation rate, deliveries, and overall home revenue per unit.
You May Also Be Interested In
- United Therapeutics (UTHR) Gains After Judge Rules Remodulin Patents are Not Invalid
- Kandi Technologies (KNDI), Tesla (TSLA) on Watch as China May Consider Gas Tax
- Vipshop Holdings (VIPS) Moves Below Key Level with Volume
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesMerrill Lynch, Bank of America, Dividend, Earnings, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!