Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 02/21: (DG) (CROX) (TROX) Above; (SWKS) (TSLA) (BBRY) Below
- Top 10 News for 8/25 - 8/29: S&P 500's New Record; U.S. Q2 GDP Outpaces Views; Major Mergers Aplenty
- Pressure on U.S. to Update Terror Alert System After U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level
- American Airlines Group (AAL)/Orbitz Worldwide (OWW) Reach Agreement; American Airlines Back on Orbitz Sites
- FTC Requests Additional Info from Reynolds American (RAI), Lorillard (LO) on Pending Deal
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Warns Lofty CEO Expectations May Not Be Attainable
Crossing and above:
- Dollar General Corp (NYSE: DG) - up 3.4 percent. Discount retailers are trading higher on the session, possibly tied to quarterly results from Wal-mart (NYSE: WMT).
- Boeing (NYSE: BA) - up 1.5 percent. Boeing getting a little boost as it is expected to present solutions for its lithium-ion battery problem on the 787 Dreamliner to the FAA on Friday.
- Crocs, Inc. (Nasdaq: CROX) - up 0.6 percent. Amid decent Q4 results issued Wednesday night, Crocs is higher amid positive comments from Goldman Sachs earlier. Click here for more color.
- Tronox Limited (NYSE: TROX) - up 1.5 percent. Imperial Capital is getting bullish on the stock following Q4 results, seeing potential upside of 50 percent.
- RF Micro Devices (Nasdaq: RFMD) - down 12.9 percent. Raymond James downgraded from Outperform to Market Perform.
- Skyworks Solutions, Inc. (Nasdaq: SWKS) - down 11.6 percent. Also lower following a Raymond James downgrade today.
- Tesla Motors, Inc. (Nasdaq: TSLA) - down 10.2 percent. Tesla slumping following Q4 results on Wednesday. The company reported a loss of 65 cents per share, wider than the 53 cent per share loss expected. For more color on the quarter, click here.
- BlackBerry (Nasdaq: BBRY) - down 0.5 percent. Shares have been active following the launch of BB10 and its Z10 smartphone. Analysts said sales were strong in the U.K. and Canada early on, but some have curbed their enthusiasm since.
You May Also Be Interested In
- United Therapeutics (UTHR) Gains After Judge Rules Remodulin Patents are Not Invalid
- Ivanhoe Energy (IVAN) Comments on Trading Activity
- Æterna Zentaris (AEZS) Sees Continued Gains
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesRaymond James, Tesla, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!