Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 02/15: (GPS) (MNST) (AMRN) Above; (WMT) (TGT) (FOLD) Below
- Apple, Inc. (AAPL) Tops Q2 EPS by $1.44; Announces 7-for-1 Stock Split
- Market Wrap: Big Earnings Galore; Amazon, HBO Enter Agreement; GE Eyes French Industrial Giant
- Facebook (FB) Tops Q1 EPS by 10c
- After-Hours Stock Movers 4/23: (ANGI) (AAPL) (FB) Higher; (HEAR) (TNP) (IM) Lower (more...)
- Qualcomm, Inc. (QCOM) Tops Q2 EPS by 9c; Guides Q3 to Low-Side of Consensus
Crossing and above:
- Gap Inc. (NYSE: GPS) - up 4.6 percent. Moving higher on chatter that it might be up for a leveraged buyout. The company has since denied the reports, though shares are maintaining some of the earlier gains.
- Monster Beverage Corp (Nasdaq: MNST) - up 7.9 percent. Monster up again, this time on buyout rumors. The market expects that Coca-Cola (NYSE: KO) might make a bid for the energy beverage giant, which actually makes more sense than an LBO at Gap.
- Amarin (Nasdaq: AMRN) - up 2.0 percent. Up as some speculate and NCE announcement out of the FDA day. As of 2:30pm EST, the FDA Orange Book hasn't been updated with any new information.
- Wal-mart (NYSE: WMT) - down 2.7 percent. Slumping amid a cautious internal email being circulated that February sales might follow January amid the payroll tax increase and later tax filings.
- Amicus Therapeutics (Nasdaq: FOLD) - down 27.5 percent. Amicus issued additional 6-month (Stage 1) results from the first ongoing Phase 3 global registration study (Study 011) of investigational oral migalastat HCl monotherapy (150 mg, every-other-day) in males and females with Fabry disease who had genetic mutations identified as amenable to migalastat HCl in a cell-based assay. The pharma said that, "Initial top-line Stage 1 results previously reported in December, 2012 for the primary endpoint in Stage 1 did not meet statistical significance."
- Target (NYSE: TGT) - down 1.6 percent. Shares hit following the update from Wal-mart.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Qualcomm, Inc. (QCOM) Gets SEC Wells Notice on China Bribery Allegations
- GW Pharmaceuticals (GWPH) Continues Higher Following Positive Analyst Initiation
- Apple (AAPL) halted ahead of earnings