Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 02/15: (GPS) (MNST) (AMRN) Above; (WMT) (TGT) (FOLD) Below
- Family Dollar Stores (FDO) Rejects Dollar General's (DG) $78.50/Share Bid
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 8/21: (DGLY) (TKMR) (MEET) Higher; (KIN) (AMPE) (KIRK) Lower (more...)
- BofA (BAC) Enters $16.7B Settlement with DoJ Over RMBS Investigation
- Sears Holdings (SHLD) Posts Q2 GAAP Loss of $5.39/Share; Comps Fell 0.1%
- Infineon/International Rectifier (IRF) Seen as Harbinger for More Semi Deals
Crossing and above:
- Gap Inc. (NYSE: GPS) - up 4.6 percent. Moving higher on chatter that it might be up for a leveraged buyout. The company has since denied the reports, though shares are maintaining some of the earlier gains.
- Monster Beverage Corp (Nasdaq: MNST) - up 7.9 percent. Monster up again, this time on buyout rumors. The market expects that Coca-Cola (NYSE: KO) might make a bid for the energy beverage giant, which actually makes more sense than an LBO at Gap.
- Amarin (Nasdaq: AMRN) - up 2.0 percent. Up as some speculate and NCE announcement out of the FDA day. As of 2:30pm EST, the FDA Orange Book hasn't been updated with any new information.
- Wal-mart (NYSE: WMT) - down 2.7 percent. Slumping amid a cautious internal email being circulated that February sales might follow January amid the payroll tax increase and later tax filings.
- Amicus Therapeutics (Nasdaq: FOLD) - down 27.5 percent. Amicus issued additional 6-month (Stage 1) results from the first ongoing Phase 3 global registration study (Study 011) of investigational oral migalastat HCl monotherapy (150 mg, every-other-day) in males and females with Fabry disease who had genetic mutations identified as amenable to migalastat HCl in a cell-based assay. The pharma said that, "Initial top-line Stage 1 results previously reported in December, 2012 for the primary endpoint in Stage 1 did not meet statistical significance."
- Target (NYSE: TGT) - down 1.6 percent. Shares hit following the update from Wal-mart.
You May Also Be Interested In
- CLSA Downgrades GT Advanced Tech (GTAT) to Underperform; Analyst Says Poor Yields Could Impact Volume, Costs
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 8/20: (FOLD) (AEO) (DGLY) Higher; (HTZ) (LOW) (TGT) Lower (more...)
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Shows Early Gains Following Wednesday's Slump
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesStocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!