Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 02/15: (GPS) (MNST) (AMRN) Above; (WMT) (TGT) (FOLD) Below
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
Crossing and above:
- Gap Inc. (NYSE: GPS) - up 4.6 percent. Moving higher on chatter that it might be up for a leveraged buyout. The company has since denied the reports, though shares are maintaining some of the earlier gains.
- Monster Beverage Corp (Nasdaq: MNST) - up 7.9 percent. Monster up again, this time on buyout rumors. The market expects that Coca-Cola (NYSE: KO) might make a bid for the energy beverage giant, which actually makes more sense than an LBO at Gap.
- Amarin (Nasdaq: AMRN) - up 2.0 percent. Up as some speculate and NCE announcement out of the FDA day. As of 2:30pm EST, the FDA Orange Book hasn't been updated with any new information.
- Wal-mart (NYSE: WMT) - down 2.7 percent. Slumping amid a cautious internal email being circulated that February sales might follow January amid the payroll tax increase and later tax filings.
- Amicus Therapeutics (Nasdaq: FOLD) - down 27.5 percent. Amicus issued additional 6-month (Stage 1) results from the first ongoing Phase 3 global registration study (Study 011) of investigational oral migalastat HCl monotherapy (150 mg, every-other-day) in males and females with Fabry disease who had genetic mutations identified as amenable to migalastat HCl in a cell-based assay. The pharma said that, "Initial top-line Stage 1 results previously reported in December, 2012 for the primary endpoint in Stage 1 did not meet statistical significance."
- Target (NYSE: TGT) - down 1.6 percent. Shares hit following the update from Wal-mart.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Naked Brand Group, Inc. (NAKD) Enters $2M Common Stock Securities Purchase Agreement
- Rubicon Project (RUBI) to Explore Strategic Options, Including Sale - DJ
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) January 132 weekly calls active into expiration
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesStocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!