Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 02/15: (GPS) (MNST) (AMRN) Above; (WMT) (TGT) (FOLD) Below
- Market Wrap: Initial Claims Show Modest Gain; GE Bring on Q1 Beat; Wal-mart Gets into Money-Transfer Game
- Streetinsider.com After-Hours Movers 04/17: (AMD) (SCSS) Higher; (ACTG) (AVGO) (ATHN) Lower
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD) Tops Q1 EPS by 2c; Sees Q2 Revs +/- 3% Q/Q
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q1 EPS by 1c
- athenahealth, Inc. (ATHN) Misses Q1 EPS by 5c
Crossing and above:
- Gap Inc. (NYSE: GPS) - up 4.6 percent. Moving higher on chatter that it might be up for a leveraged buyout. The company has since denied the reports, though shares are maintaining some of the earlier gains.
- Monster Beverage Corp (Nasdaq: MNST) - up 7.9 percent. Monster up again, this time on buyout rumors. The market expects that Coca-Cola (NYSE: KO) might make a bid for the energy beverage giant, which actually makes more sense than an LBO at Gap.
- Amarin (Nasdaq: AMRN) - up 2.0 percent. Up as some speculate and NCE announcement out of the FDA day. As of 2:30pm EST, the FDA Orange Book hasn't been updated with any new information.
- Wal-mart (NYSE: WMT) - down 2.7 percent. Slumping amid a cautious internal email being circulated that February sales might follow January amid the payroll tax increase and later tax filings.
- Amicus Therapeutics (Nasdaq: FOLD) - down 27.5 percent. Amicus issued additional 6-month (Stage 1) results from the first ongoing Phase 3 global registration study (Study 011) of investigational oral migalastat HCl monotherapy (150 mg, every-other-day) in males and females with Fabry disease who had genetic mutations identified as amenable to migalastat HCl in a cell-based assay. The pharma said that, "Initial top-line Stage 1 results previously reported in December, 2012 for the primary endpoint in Stage 1 did not meet statistical significance."
- Target (NYSE: TGT) - down 1.6 percent. Shares hit following the update from Wal-mart.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Google (GOOG) Posts Q1 adj.-EPS of $6.27; CPCs Fell 9%, Paid Clicks Rose 26%
- UPDATE: Gilead (GILD) Receives Orphan Status for Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Treatment
- UPDATE: Fed Says Economic Growth 'Increased in Most Regions' of U.S.
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesStocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!