Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 02/08: (ATML) (TEVA) (S) Above; (AMGN) (LF) (FSLR) Below
- Top 10 News for 8/25 - 8/29: S&P 500's New Record; U.S. Q2 GDP Outpaces Views; Major Mergers Aplenty
- Pressure on U.S. to Update Terror Alert System After U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level
- American Airlines Group (AAL)/Orbitz Worldwide (OWW) Reach Agreement; American Airlines Back on Orbitz Sites
- FTC Requests Additional Info from Reynolds American (RAI), Lorillard (LO) on Pending Deal
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Warns Lofty CEO Expectations May Not Be Attainable
Crossing and above:
- Atmel Corp (Nasdaq: ATML) - up 6.5 percent. Bouncing higher following a 14 percent drop on Thursday amid weaker than expected earnings. For more, click here.
- Teva Pharmaceutical (NYSE: TEVA) - up 2.3 percent. Also rebounding following an earnings-related drop on Thursday. Shares are nearing that key $39 level, trading 16 percent below its 52-week high and 6 percent above its 52-week low.
- Sprint (NYSE: S) - down 0.3 percent. Sprint still trading in its tight range, seeing a little weakness following quarterly results on Thursday morning. For more on the numbers, here.
- Amgen (Nasdaq: AMGN) - down 1.8 percent. Issues an update on its outlook Thursday, causing shares to see a little pressure. However, shares are still struggling to break back above the $88.75 level, a near-term resistance point for the stock.
- Leapfrog Enterprises (NYSE: LF) - down 1.9 percent. Pulling back after a nice run Thursday on quarterly results. Shares have largely been stuck in the $8.50 to $10 range, having trouble actually breaking the $10 point recently despite a nice run in the early part of 2013.
- First Solar (Nasdaq: FSLR) - down 2.2 percent. Lower amid Q4 results and guidance from SunPower (Nasdaq: SPWR) that cause some analysts to scratch their heads. Overall, First Solar has been ho-hum lately, stuck in the midpoint of its annual range. Quarterly results should be coming up soon from First Solar, with the last report happening November 1, 2012.
You May Also Be Interested In
- United Therapeutics (UTHR) Gains After Judge Rules Remodulin Patents are Not Invalid
- Vipshop Holdings (VIPS) Moves Below Key Level with Volume
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Adds to Gains on Police Body-Worn Camera Potential
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesNomura, Earnings, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!