Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 02/07: (CVC) (PM) (JCP) Above; (ATML) (XOM) (USG) Below
- July Nonfarm Payrolls 209K vs 230K Expected, UE Rate 6.2% vs 6.1%
- Procter & Gamble Co. (PG) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 8/1: (BYI) (SGMS) (LNKD) Higher; (BOTA) (WWWW) (YRCW) Lower (more...)
- GM (GM) July U.S. Auto Sales Rose 9.4%, Missing Expectations Amid Double-Digit Pickup, SUV Gains
- Scientific Games (SGMS) to Acquire Bally Tech (BYI) in $5.1B Deal
Crossing and above:
- Cablevision Systems Corp (NYSE: CVC) - up 5.5 percent. Cablevision seeing some midday upside today on reports that it might be near a deal to sell Optimum West to Charter Communications (Nasdaq: CHTR). Shares are also above the 20-day SMA, which is currently calculated at $15.10.
- Philip Morris International, Inc. (NYSE: PM) - up 2.4 percent. Reported fourth-quarter adjusted EPS of $1.24, topping consensus views calling for $1.22. Shares have largely been unable to penetrate the $90 resistance level, with today no exception. The stock got up to $90 flat before retreating.
- JCPenney (NYSE: JCP) - up 0.2 percent. The retailer seeing some gains on mixed monthly sales metrics by peers. The stock is rebounding slightly from a 2.2 percent drop on Wednesday amid chatter that more job cuts might be in store. Click here for more on an interview that CEO Ron Johnson conducted yesterday.
- Atmel Corp (Nasdaq: ATML) - down 13.9 percent. Slammed amid in-line Q4 EPS, as Q1 revenue guidance of $311 million to $328 million came in below consensus views calling for $332.8 million.
- Exxon Mobil (NYSE: XOM) - down percent. Exxon moving lower as crude remains pressured on the session. Shares have been hovering around the $89 - $90 for a while and the stock appears neither overbought nor oversold.
- USG Corp. (NYSE: USG) - down percent. Pulling back a little more following its earnings report Wednesday morning as Longbow Research downgraded shares from Buy to Neutral on Thursday. Shares recently hit a 52-week high at $30.60 on January 28th.
You May Also Be Interested In
- France's Iliad Made Offer for T-Mobile (TMUS) - DJ
- Pfizer, Inc. (PFE) Tops Q2 EPS by 1c
- Sprint Corporation (S) trading paused for volatility
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesLongbow Research, Crude Oil, Layoffs, Earnings, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!