Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 02/06: (NOK) (FSLR) (VRNG) Above; (ELN) (SU) (AINV) Below
Crossing and above:
- Nokia (NYSE: NOK) - up 4.0 percent. After a few shaky sessions, investors are aiming to keep Nokia above the $4 level. Volume on the move today is a little bit lighter than average, with 56 million shares crossing at 3:30pm ET, versus the running daily average of 64 million.
- First Solar (Nasdaq: FSLR) - up 6.5 percent. Getting a boost today as Citi started coverage on the stock with a Buy rating.
- Vringo, Inc. (AMEX: VRNG) - up 1.9 percent. Vringo has been trading in a tightening range over the last few sessions, literally between $3 and $3.50 at best. The stock has been bumping up against the 20-day SMA, currently calculated at $3.23.
- Monster Worldwide (NYSE: MWW) - up 1.9 percent. Monster hitting its stride ahead of fourth-quarter results scheduled for Thursday morning. The Street is looking for EPS of 8 cents on revs of $212.5 million, versus EPS of 11 cents and revs of $250 million reported in the same period last year.
- Elan Corp (NYSE: ELN) - down 8.6 percent. Elan moving to new lows following fourth-quarter results and the announcement that it would be selling its portion of Tysabri to Biogen Idex (Nasdaq: BIIB) for about $3.25 billion and royalties. Amid the sale, Elan's pipeline will remain largely empty, giving investors some worry. For more color, click here.
- Suncor Energy, Inc. (NYSE: SU) - down 5.6 percent. Taking a dip after reporting Q4 EPS of 65 cents, versus consensus views calling for EPS of 79 cents.
- Apollo Investment Corp. (Nasdaq: AINV) - down 7.8 percent. Apollo reported flat Q3 EPS of 21 cents. The whisper number might have been gaming for something a bit more.
- DreamWorks (NYSE: DWA) - down 3.8 percent. Lower after shifting its film slate. Mr. Peabody & Sherman will now happen in March 2014, versus prior plans for a November 2013 release. Shares have been active lately, moving above $18 only to drop back below the $17 level almost as fast. For more on the updated slate, click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Traders Keep Eye on Facebook (FB) Amid Post-Q4 Profit Taking
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions 1/28: (COMM)/(TEL) (MDP) (KCG)
- Nike (NKE) in Focus Again Ahead of Super Bowl Sunday
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesCiti, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!