Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 02/05: (JCP) (VVUS) (TER) Above; (NIHD) (EW) (TE) Below
- Top 10 News for 8/25 - 8/29: S&P 500's New Record; U.S. Q2 GDP Outpaces Views; Major Mergers Aplenty
- AIG's (AIG) Peter Hancock Assumes CEO Role; Benmosche Becomes Advisor
- Pressure on U.S. to Update Terror Alert System After U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level
- FTC Requests Additional Info from Reynolds American (RAI), Lorillard (LO) on Pending Deal
Crossing and above:
- J.C. Penney Co., Inc. (NYSE: JCP) - up 4.9 percent. Declares a Notice of Default is invalid. For more color on the declaration, click here.
- VIVUS, Inc. (Nasdaq: VVUS) - up 6.4 percent. Moving higher amid strong Qsymia data out on Monday. BlockRock also filed an amended 13G today, though that is less likely to move the shares up 6 percent. VIVUS has been caught in a high-$11 to high-$12 range over the last few sessions, flattening the 50-day SMA.
- Teradyne (NYSE: TER) - up 4.1 percent. Cowen started coverage on Teradyne at Outperform today, adding a little support to recent movement.
- NII Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: NIHD) - down 8.9 percent. NII hit following preliminary fourth-quarter and 2012 results. For more color, click here.
- Edwards Lifesciences Corp. (NYSE: EW) - down 6.5 percent. Topped fourth-quarter views and issued flat guidance for Q1 and FY13. After trading in an $89 to $92 range recently, shares are breaking below on momentum.
- TECO Energy, Inc. (NYSE: TE) - down 3.2 percent. TECO sliding over the last few sessions. The utility reported strong Q4 results, but FY13 EPS expectations came in below consensus views.
You May Also Be Interested In
- United Therapeutics (UTHR) Gains After Judge Rules Remodulin Patents are Not Invalid
- American Apparel (APP) Gain on Mis-Reported Contract
- UPDATE: Instagram (FB) Down for Some Users