Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 02/04: (S) (GME) (GNC) Above; (FB) (MHP) (YHOO) Below
- Growth worries, rate hike uncertainty pull Wall Street down
- Yelp (YELP) Tops Q4 EPS by 14c, Offers Q1 Guidance, CFO Steps Down
- Are Gold Speculators Betting on 'One and Done'?
- Oil Companies Slash Dividends Amid Cash Crunch
- After-Hours Stock Movers 02/08: (SSNI) (MXL) (BSX) Higher; (GIG) (QLYS) (CMP) Lower (more...)
Crossing and above:
- Sprint (NYSE: S) - up 0.4 percent. Sprint maintaining a tight range, with shares moving up four of the last five sessions. The big near-term issue for Sprint is its $2.97 per share bid for Clearwire (Nasdaq: CLWR).
- GameStop Corp (NYSE: GME - up 2.1 percent. Moving higher for the second session following an upgrade by Piper Jaffray last Friday. Piper upgraded GameStop to Overweight, with a price target of $28.
- GNC (NYSE: GNC) - up 3.3 percent. Moving higher amid more Herbalife (NYSE: HLF) news Monday. The company said it was not aware of any federal investigation other than usual dialogue.
- Facebook (Nasdaq: FB) - down 5.4 percent. Lower as Twitter become the social media champ during Super Bowl Sunday. For more color, click here.
- McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. (NYSE: MHP) - down 12.6 percent. Slammed on word that the U.S. is filing a civil suit against S&P Ratings for ratings issued on CDO securities ahead of the 2008 financial crisis. For the company's statement, click here.
- Yahoo, Inc. (Nasdaq: YHOO) - down 2.0 percent. Lower as Third Point is said to have exited a good portion of its stake in the search giant. For more color, click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Several Key Tech Names Hit 52-Week Lows (TWTR) (FIT) (DATA) (CRM)
- S&P 500 Continues to Push Lower
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 02/08: (APOL) (KGC) (SFM) Higher; (BCRX) (CTIC) (CHK) Lower (more...)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Third Point LLC, Standard & Poor's, Twitter, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!