Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 01/30: (EMC) (SRPT) (SWKS) Above; (ANR) (TRQ) (JDSU) Below
Crossing and above:
- EMC (NYSE: EMC) - up 2.2 percent. After slumping Tuesday on quarterly results, EMC is seeing a ltitle bounceback today and moving back above the 50-day SMA.
- Sarepta Therapeutics, Inc (Nasdaq: SRPT) - up 1.3 percent. Has been on a wild move today following a Twitter message posted by a fake account from a credible firm. Shares saw massive downside on volume, but have since rebounded. Prior to the move today, Sarepta shares held incredibly flat.
- SkyWorks (Nasdaq: SWKS) - up 2.8 percent. SkyWorks shares making a little move ahead of first-quarter 2013 results. Expected out after the markets close today, the Street is modeling EPS of 54 cents on revs of $450.7 million, versus EPS of 51 cents and revs of $393.7 million in the same period last year.
- Alpha Natural Resources (NYSE: ANR) - down 4.2 percent. Alpha moving in tandem with peer Peabody (NYSE: BTU), rising Tuesday and dipping back down today. Alpha will be releasing its own fourth-quarter results on February 14, before markets open. Shares have generally been unsuccessful at getting over the $10 level despite trading above $20 during the same period last year.
- Turquoise Hill Resources (NYSE: TRQ) - down 3.6 percent. Slumping amid reports that Rio Tinto would temporarily halt work at Oyou Tolgoi mine
- JDS Uniphase Corp. (Nasdaq: JDSU) - down 4.4 percent. Lots of positioning here heading into second-quarter results, which are also expected out after the markets close today. Volume is about 14.5 million shares, versus the trailing three-month daily average of about 4.4 million.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Pershing Square's Ackman Appears on Bloomberg TV; Herbalife (HLF) Implosion Likely in 2015
- Notable Analyst Rating Changes 12/17: (TWTR) (COLM) (PAY) Upgraded; (ED) (VZ) (SYMC) Downgraded
- UPDATE: Trading Radar for 12/18: Nike (NKE), Rite Aid (RAD), ConAgra (CAG), Red Hat (RHT) Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesTwitter, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!