Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 01/30: (EMC) (SRPT) (SWKS) Above; (ANR) (TRQ) (JDSU) Below
- Top 10 News for 8/25 - 8/29: S&P 500's New Record; U.S. Q2 GDP Outpaces Views; Major Mergers Aplenty
- Pressure on U.S. to Update Terror Alert System After U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level
- American Airlines Group (AAL)/Orbitz Worldwide (OWW) Reach Agreement; American Airlines Back on Orbitz Sites
- FTC Requests Additional Info from Reynolds American (RAI), Lorillard (LO) on Pending Deal
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Warns Lofty CEO Expectations May Not Be Attainable
Crossing and above:
- EMC (NYSE: EMC) - up 2.2 percent. After slumping Tuesday on quarterly results, EMC is seeing a ltitle bounceback today and moving back above the 50-day SMA.
- Sarepta Therapeutics, Inc (Nasdaq: SRPT) - up 1.3 percent. Has been on a wild move today following a Twitter message posted by a fake account from a credible firm. Shares saw massive downside on volume, but have since rebounded. Prior to the move today, Sarepta shares held incredibly flat.
- SkyWorks (Nasdaq: SWKS) - up 2.8 percent. SkyWorks shares making a little move ahead of first-quarter 2013 results. Expected out after the markets close today, the Street is modeling EPS of 54 cents on revs of $450.7 million, versus EPS of 51 cents and revs of $393.7 million in the same period last year.
- Alpha Natural Resources (NYSE: ANR) - down 4.2 percent. Alpha moving in tandem with peer Peabody (NYSE: BTU), rising Tuesday and dipping back down today. Alpha will be releasing its own fourth-quarter results on February 14, before markets open. Shares have generally been unsuccessful at getting over the $10 level despite trading above $20 during the same period last year.
- Turquoise Hill Resources (NYSE: TRQ) - down 3.6 percent. Slumping amid reports that Rio Tinto would temporarily halt work at Oyou Tolgoi mine
- JDS Uniphase Corp. (Nasdaq: JDSU) - down 4.4 percent. Lots of positioning here heading into second-quarter results, which are also expected out after the markets close today. Volume is about 14.5 million shares, versus the trailing three-month daily average of about 4.4 million.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Instagram (FB) Down for Some Users
- American Apparel (APP) Gain on Mis-Reported Contract
- RadioShack (RSH) Continues Seeing Big Gains on Cash Infusion Anticipation
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesSpecial Reports, Technicals, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesTwitter, Stocks crossing the 50-day simple moving average
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!