Stocks Crossing 50-Day SMA 01/29: (BTU) (VZ) (THRX) Above; (LXK) (SANM) (FTNT) Below
Crossing and above:
- Peabody Energy (NYSE: BTU) - up 6.0 percent. Moving higher after topping Q1 EPS views by 10 cents, while revs of $2.02 billion were also better than the consensus.
- Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) - up 1.7 percent. Potentially moving higher amid a new iPad being announced earlier, though Nomura issued some comments on the sector today.
- Theravance Inc. (Nasdaq: THRX) - up 3.8 percent. Getting a little boost as Cowen upgraded shares from Neutral to Outperform today.
- Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq: SSYS) - up 0.8 percent. Bouncing today as Piper Jaffray made some positive comments on the 3D printing segment today. Click here for more color.
- Lexmark International, Inc. (NYSE: LXK) - down 15.0 percent. Hit following a 29 cent EPS miss with its Q4 results. Amid the result, Lexmark said it sees FY13 adjusted EPS of $3.90 - $4.10, versus the consensus of $3.88.
- Sanmina-SCI Corp (Nasdaq: SANM) - down 20.9 percent. Sanmina missed Q1 expectations and guided Q2 EPS and revs below views. For more color on the results, click here. Shares are at the lowest point since last November, breaking below all but the 200-day SMA.
- Fortinet (Nasdaq: FTNT) - down 6.9 percent. Lower as Wunderlich downgraded the stock from Buy to Hold earlier, cutting its price target from $28 to $22.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ebola Stocks on Watch; New York Doctor Tests Positive Following Guinea Trip
- UPDATE: Nasdaq Probing Potentially Erroneous Transactions in American Tower (AMT); to Cancel All Trades
- SodaStream (SODA) to Test Pepsi-Branded Products - Bloomberg (PEP)